By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean: The Last Hope - International - OFFICIAL THREAD!

superwrxsti said:
I have been enjoying this game greatly, but starting today, near the village of Triom after acquiring the Girl from there, the game freezes CONSTANTLY. Sometimes at my load, sometimes when I live the house, but mostly when I begin a battle. I can't figure it out and it's driving me insane. I've tried everything from deleting the HDD data and re-installing to switching my TV to support 720p only, and not 1080p. I can't seem to get it to stop. It's really sad too, because I've loved the game SO much up to this point. I'm so pissed.

Did you check if your other games freezes? it might be something with your PS3. I'm past Triom and the tower and I never had any problems, a few slowdowns but nothing major.

I got pleseantly surprised by this game. It's very enjoyable so far.. I didn't have my hopes too high because of the negative talk about the game when it released on the 360.. Good thing I bought it anyway

Around the Network

im on for a long time now, and i'm on Aeon now, the Second time. And its great.

Lymle's the best btw... 'kay?

butArumat Rocks too! :P

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Alrighty jus' left Aeos and i've noticed something weird, when you fight monsters in the PS3 version they disappear oddly, like there animation is not the same as the 360 versions one. its not as flashy imo.

Also, Reimi is fucking GIMPED, omfg i cant believe how crap she is now, her jumping skills went WAAAAY down, her side attacks are pretty much useless now because of this, she was a goddess in the 360 one, i guess they fixed her balancing issues more or less.

I know one things for sure, she wont be in my final party anymore like in the 360 one.

It went like this before for me as my final team...

Edge (Of course, hes the Fayt of SO4. they even share the same body type!)

Reimi (The Sophia of SO4, though body types are vastly differnt)

Arumat (The SEPHIROTH of SO4, which is one of the defining things about SO4 imo)

and ...

Sarah (Shes cute, and her healing magic is the best in the whole game, but shes irritating.)

That was my 360 set-up... but for the PS3 theres going to be a slight alteration, replacing Reimi's now free space with Meracle or Bacchus... damn, its a shame, her skills were so amazing to.

hm.. now im a bit worried about additional Chars. are there only those 8? :(
i want to play with Crowe, he looked so uber with his two swords. q.q

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

I know right?! Crowe looks like he'd be an amazing character in battle! his skills must look almost as insane as Arumats! lol!

But yeah i think there going to be no extea characters, none at all, not even the random crap they did with that old samuria guy from SO3.

Again tis' a shame, but hey atleast PS3 owners not only have the game now, but also on 1 blu-ray disc... multi-disk is no big deal imo, but on 360 it was a real big draw back, which is why after i beat it on 360 i never went back to really put effort into doing the extra stuff.

Around the Network

Serah. She was a horrible character in 4 and her voice actor made me want to go blow my freakin brains out.

well, at least we have Japanese Voices, they are way better.. i had no problems so far, and theyre synchronized to lip-movements. (i dunno if the english ones are synched too, though.)

but well.. even with no added Chars (*sniff*..), i love this amazing Game. and hell (!), i just say.. 'where i got Meracle'. the Planet, the decisions made... *_* yes, its definetly hard not to spoiler those amazing Scenes.

but i have 2 Questions:

- how long do i have to play (~roughly) to finish the Game after i got Arumat? i hope LONG. :o
- How's about Achievements? ... are the trophies as hard as i think? i have 5 (!!!) after 25 Hours.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Very well done Xxain, i like your style of official thread, well organized.

Wow, i didn't realize it was possible to be so hyped for a game i already played! i actually changed the shipping nao!

And where teh hell did you get those avatars? i've never seen those in CGI-Quality before!

Mmmm....Arumat...

do you like boys?

English ones aren't too bad. But they are just dubbed I think. Seen them talk a few times when their lips didn't even move.

maverick40 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Very well done Xxain, i like your style of official thread, well organized.

Wow, i didn't realize it was possible to be so hyped for a game i already played! i actually changed the shipping nao!

And where teh hell did you get those avatars? i've never seen those in CGI-Quality before!

Mmmm....Arumat...

do you like boys?

i cant answer for him, but first i saw Arumat, i thought about the same. (Hell, i want this guy to join my Party. NAO!!!1)

@Wagram: i watched some Youtube Videos.. imo, Sarah's not the worst Voice. (the Japanese ones are great, Sarah still sounds strange, but .. i like it :o)