By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean: The Last Hope - International - OFFICIAL THREAD!

Boutros said:

IGN review:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1070407p1.html

8.5/10 (0.5 more than the 360 version)

lol nice, but i like what one of the IGN members said there and i Quote...

"So WKC gets a 5.1 and this game gets an 8.5. I see what's going on here. Clements scores a game based on female characters' breast size and whether or not there is scantily clad little cat-girls in it.
Posted by: Tommy_Arashikage on February 23, 2010 10:41 PDT"

Lol Elves with big Bewbs and Loli cat girls for the reviewer guy from IGN seems to have bias to his own strange sexual preferences confirmed!

Hmmm... i wanna read Naza's Review now lol.

@SciFiBoy- Well one things for sure, you wanna power Level ASAP from where you are now, to level 25 at least, you'll know why eventually. 

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Boutros said:

IGN review:

"So WKC gets a 5.1 and this game gets an 8.5. I see what's going on here. Clements scores a game based on female characters' breast size and whether or not there is scantily clad little cat-girls in it.

Lol Elves with big Bewbs and Loli cat girls for the reviewer guy from IGN seems to have bias to his own strange sexual preferences confirmed!

@SciFiBoy- Well one things for sure, you wanna power Level ASAP from where you are now, to level 25 at least, you'll know why eventually. 

en route to Cardinian (think spelt that right, lol), just interacting with the charcthers and stuff, still in warp for now

SciFiBoy said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Boutros said:

IGN review:

en route to Cardinian (think spelt that right, lol), just interacting with the charcthers and stuff, still in warp for now

Power level there! you must! otherwise the main boss there will make you want to throw your controller across the room!

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
SciFiBoy said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Boutros said:

IGN review:

Power level there! you must! otherwise the main boss there will make you want to throw your controller across the room!

haha, okay, I will do, now racked up over 10 hours playtime on the game!

I must say it's a really pretty game. And I'm having fun with it so far. About 8 hours in but I like exploring a lot.

Around the Network
alekth said:

I must say it's a really pretty game. And I'm having fun with it so far. About 8 hours in but I like exploring a lot.

Yeah, i still say it looks a tad more prettier then WKC, but to each his own.

Just tad?

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Star Ocean the Last Hope International has been the best true JRPG i have played in yeas!! 360 owners truley missed out on the voice acting! But still, I hope they enjoyed a very good game, or I should say Great game!

29 hours in now, rescued Sarah, doing lots of quests and synthesis... :)

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
alekth said:

Yeah, i still say it looks a tad more prettier then WKC, but to each his own.

I think it looks a lot better than WKC. The environments are a toss up (slight edge to SO4), the character models in WKC are really bad and the effects in SO4 (HDR, bloom, magic spells, motion blur) are much better than WhiteKnight. The best things about WKC (technical aspect) is the fact that there's not a lot of loading going on, whereas in SO4, every door you open will result in a loading screen. But in WKC, saving takes a REALLY long time for some reason (and my HDD is faster than the stock HDD).

SO4 just blows WKC out of the water from a technical stand point. Too bad neither of the games have good character designs, FF13 does a much better job at that....(Nomura is useful afterall)

On a gameplay level, I'm leaning towards WKC because of the online but I'm only on the second world in SO4 so I have a long way to go...Oh yeah, and SO4 has ALOT of cutscene..... ALOT