By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LoL Reviews

Gamespot http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/assassinscreed/review.html?sid=6182795

"There are few differences between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. PS3 owners are blessed with a slightly more solid frame rate, although the 360 version features a little more contrast in the lighting, so it's pretty much a wash."

Ign http://ps3.ign.com/articles/834/834770p1.html

"These big open worlds, which are fully interactive, do come at a severe cost on PS3. There is considerable texture pop-in and noticeable framerate issues. Playing back-to-back with the 360 version, it's obvious that Ubisoft did not devote enough resources to the PS3 edition. The framerate is considerably worse, so much so that it begins to affect gameplay in the later levels. You can get through the first two-thirds of Assassin with the framerate being just an annoyance, but it becomes more of an issue for the final third of the missions.
"

Are they even playing the same game LOL.  This is why there should always be a demo or if anything rent first before buying.   

Around the Network

I was going to complain about your incredibly vague title, but now that I've read your post it's probably how I'd phrase it as well. =/

lol reviews indeed

This is so weird, thats why I never trust reviews anymore, I rent before making a purchase or watch some gameplay videos.

IGN is biased.

Nuff said, gamespot which tends to go on the 360's side indicates that the ps3 has better framerate.

IGN says 360 has better framerate... wtf?

mM

leo-j, confusing isn't it?

Around the Network

If the 360 has a slightly better framerate I can see why IGN gave it .2 higher. And why complain about a .2 difference?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

@leo-j
No, if IGN is biased ... it would be towards the PS3.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I'd believe the IGN review, since GS hires lobotomized chimpanzees to review games for them.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I thought it was funny too... One reviewer says PS3 framerate stinks compared to 360... The other says its better then 360...

So which one is truely right?

Just goes to show that many reviewers really don't know what they are doing...

Over the last few weeks I have become more and more skeptical of all reviewers.

I think it just shows that people need to look up the word "Framerate".