By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 News Around The Corner.

Remember late last month when the net was set ablaze with rumors of Killzone 3 news to surface as early as February of this year? Well, that might not be so crazy after all.

Helgast in hiding. How cute.

New is starting to surface in licensed Magazines hinting that Guerilla Games´s sequel to Killzone 2 just might be slated for release in 2010. To milk it even more, Killzone3.com is being docked by none other than Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, and the docking site expires on the 8th of October, 2010.– seems so convenient for the site to launch at the the beginning of the holiday season, doesn’t it? If this information rings true than you can count on hearing news on the subject very, very soon.

Killzone 3 might just be Sony´s contestant to take on Microsoft´s tyrant, Halo: Reach, in the no-holds-barred first-person shooter grudge match. God knows that Halo´s hype train has already reached (pun not intentional) great momentum. Killzone 3 might just have to enter this fight as the underdog and take us all by surprise. It takes balls to go up against the greatest selling first-person shooter of all time, and I think that Guerrilla Games might just have what it takes.

Lighting at it´s best!

Look at the first Killzome game – although it may not have been well received among the gaming press it was certainly recognized for the power-house graphic it sported. Killzone was one of the games that truly showcased the power of the PlayStation 2. Then, the next installment, Killzone 2 did it again – blew the mind of both critics and gamers. The graphics were revolutionary for the first-person shooter genre – the lighting engine made all the difference in the game. All this after only two and a half attempts (Killzone: Liberation being the half attempt) at making the game.

There´s no question about it – Killzone has definitely left it´s mark in the industry. It could be the rising star that could dethrone the current king of the genre and claim the crown for itself. If Guerilla Games stick to their guns and blow our minds like they did with Killzone 2 it might just be a reality, but for now Halo: Reach looks like it might just remain champion and quite possibly earn itself the title of “Game of the Year, 2010”.

Well, stick around because if Killzone just so happens to be planned for 2010 we will quick to report it. There´s a Sony Press Event happening late next week and it will be then and there that all will be revealed.

http://www.platformnation.com/2010/02/05/killzone-3-news-around-the-corner/

Around the Network

If Killzone 3 comes out this year...my head will explode from excitement.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Sounds Exciting.

If it's dropping this year, i doubt it's because they want it to go toe-to-toe with Reach. The franchise doesn't have near the brand recognition of Halo, and I doubt they'd expect a game developed in less than two years to stand up against a game Bungie's been working on since 2007. Not to mention Halo and Killzone are two vastly different flavors of FPS.

If it's dropping this year, they're doing it simply because they feel it's ready. I don't' think it'll hit this year, however. It'll probably be an early 2011 release, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was announced fairly soon (~1 year from release).

They should do a beta over the holidays and include beta keys with GT5. That would help gain the franchise some popularity. :P

I'd like to see it in action first before I care about a release date.

Namely.... is Rico dead yet????

Around the Network

wtf is this ?

Is this KZ1 ? If it is, it looks AMAZING for a PS2 game !

Either that, or I think it was a fake that went around just prior to the E3 where Killzone 2 was going to be shown for the first time.

yes KZ1 has amazing graphics for a PS2 game

mM

the gods have answered the gods have answered......yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

i doubt it's dropping this year maybe we get some info at GDC or at E3 this year, i think this will be realese 4 quarter 2011 or first quarter 2012

I only hope that this is just as good as KZ2 or better!!!

PSN ID: xwolf7 / NNID: xwolf_07 

The Wonderful 101 GOTY 2013 - Bayonetta 2 GOTY 2014 - Xenoblade Cross GOTY 2015.