By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - True Achievements

Has anyone here played around much with True Achievements?

My normal Gamerscore is 9,500 but my TA Gamerscore is 11,124.  Basically, the harder the achievement, the more points you get.

I found it through someone here that had their TA Gamercard in their sig a long time ago and it's a pretty cool site.  It adjusts achievement values based on how hard they are to get, or more specifically, how many registered users that have that game and have that achievement.

So, for instance, with this achievement:

...And You Want to Keep It?Collect a Cursed Artifact. 20 (20) 1.01

almost everyone who has played the game got that one so there's virtually no difference.  It's ratio is 1.01 so it's worth 20 points.

With this achievement:

SpeedsterComplete a Single Player game of Marathon in 20 minutes or less. 99 (25) 3.96

Not a lot of people at all have it so it's worth nearly four times what it's usually worth so I get 99 points instead of 25.

It's a neat site, it has that stuff plus guides on how to get achievements.  There's even a list of easy achievement for games you own that you haven't gotten yet.

Around the Network

I've been on it for a while. It's excellent for finding help getting an achievenment you need and you can arrange to have strangers help you boost if you need it.
Useful for older games.
Lots of neat features. A good little website.

And if you are in the VGChartz 360 Gamerscore league we now give league points out for your weekly true achievements scores...

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=64840&page=1#

What is all this stuff?! I LOVE acheivements! I must join all of these things, thanks everyone!

Cool, I just signed up. Waiting for it to generate stats. I rarely get the hard stuff.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
Cool, I just signed up. Waiting for it to generate stats. I rarely get the hard stuff.

Me neither, my "true" acheivement score will be 12.

Wouldn't this skew towards mediocre games that have achievements that are somewhat hard or are just a matter of time?

Since I would guess those games would get put down before everyone went for the achievements.

Just signed up. Its pretty interesting. Thanks for posting

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I found out about this site a few weeks ago. It's helpful for achievement whoring. You can sort 360 games by TA ratio to see which games are an easy 1000/1000 and which aren't. And you can go to the easy achievements section to see which achievements that you don't have yet (for the games you have) are the easiest for you to get. I have yet to rent or buy a game for the purpose of getting easy achievements though since there's no point in ignoring games that you really want to play just because they have hard achievements. That defeats the whole purpose of video games (to have fun).

Avatar: Last Airbender or whatever is called has the lowest TA ratio for a 360 game. Go figure. rofl. That game is infamous for easy gamerscore.

The site also has some good tips for getting individual achievements. I haven't taken advantage of any boosting opportunities though. I just don't feel like going through the trouble.

Kasz216 said:
Wouldn't this skew towards mediocre games that have achievements that are somewhat hard or are just a matter of time?

Since I would guess those games would get put down before everyone went for the achievements.

Well, it can sometimes be hard on you mentally to play through shitty games :)