By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No more threads on shipped vs sold stuff

Neos said:
ljigga said:
When the numbers say that there are over 2million PS3's still on shelves, then the numbers have a high probability of being incorrect. Such a discrepancy will only lead to people trying to figure out why it exists in the first place.

The PS3 was hard to locate in certain places, so to believe that they are on shelves is nothing short of...pardon me but, redonkulus.

Granted your website is free and your service is greatly appreciated, its still a service and if someone see's a way in which it can be improved we as a community should be able to look into it.

No

This is not your website.

Clearly you missed the part where I said "your website" and "we as a community". I never said this was my website, so not sure where you deduced that from.

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Around the Network

I have to admit this is a awesome thread.

ljigga said:
Neos said:
ljigga said:
When the numbers say that there are over 2million PS3's still on shelves, then the numbers have a high probability of being incorrect. Such a discrepancy will only lead to people trying to figure out why it exists in the first place.

The PS3 was hard to locate in certain places, so to believe that they are on shelves is nothing short of...pardon me but, redonkulus.

Granted your website is free and your service is greatly appreciated, its still a service and if someone see's a way in which it can be improved we as a community should be able to look into it.

No

Clearly you missed the part where I said "your website" and "we as a community". I never said this was my website, so not sure where you deduced that from.

Clearly you miss reading comprehension

I mean that this is ioi's website and he decides what happens and when, and no one else.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Damn, jneul do you ever know when to just SHUT UP?!

So, on slate to be banned now:

jneul
psfanboy - check
ljigga
PlaystationGamer

Around the Network

rather than just ban people, I think they should get a warning and be directed to a specific sticky completely explaining the shipped vs sold dynamic.
You don't want people to think we are banning anyone who disagrees with the site, it looks defensive and kind of weak, as if you're trying to hide/protect something.

Also, it should be in the forum rules as well, and maybe the sticky should be in every forum as "Read this BEFORE you post"

Neos said:
ljigga said:
Neos said:
ljigga said:

No

Clearly you miss reading comprehension

I mean that this is ioi's website and he decides what happens and when, and no one else.

I already stated that it was his website so thanks for pointing out the obvious. Clearly he makes the decisions, because it is his service....like I said, not sure if you read that part or any of my post as a matter of fact, because your comment has no valid base you just reiterated what I said in my post.

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

@ nightsurge: on what grounds would ljigga be banned? He's being calm and composed in his answers (so far)?

nightsurge said:
So, on slate to be banned now:

jneul
psfanboy - check
ljigga
PlaystationGamer
Well, I havent said anything offensive, nor have I made a thread about ship vs sold rather I just pointed out that the discrepancy in the numbers is the source of the problem. I dont see the basis in banning me for a post that contributed to the topic of discussion on the first few pages of this thread.

--Kratos

Dear complainers-

If you do not like VGChartz figures, I suggest you go to one of the other free webistes that track sales figures, and extrapolate for areas where they don't get direct numbers, and then work them all into numbers that are usually within miniscule percentages of the exact numbers that the manufacturers have. I'll wait here.

Sincerely,
Satisfied VGChartz User

P.S. I'm not waiting because you're not going to find another site like this.