By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN editors share their take on Mass Effect 2.

They loved the game....."The absolute upper echelon of gaming".....one of them also thought it should have been a 10/10....

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

Wow all avenues of IGN praise this game so much. That comment about upper echelon of gaming. Tremendous. Without a doubt, my personal best game Ive ever played. Story was phenomenal for a game. They ALL loved it.

The first one was much better, more memorable characters and better battle system. And am I the only one who finds the plot just decent? Everyone praises it but I don't feel like its any better than other story driven games, good, but not mind blowing.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
The first one was much better, more memorable characters and better battle system. And am I the only one who finds the plot just decent? Everyone praises it but I don't feel like its any better than other story driven games, good, but not mind blowing.

The plots amazing. IT's not just the underlying main plot. But the entire univers plot itself that is so well percieved. I cant think of any game close to it.

leatherhat said:

Your not the only one but there arent much of you......

Around the Network
selnor said:
Wow all avenues of IGN praise this game so much. That comment about upper echelon of gaming. Tremendous. Without a doubt, my personal best game Ive ever played. Story was phenomenal for a game. They ALL loved it.

ME2 is the best game i ever played. 

selnor said:
leatherhat said:

The plots amazing. IT's not just the underlying main plot. But the entire univers plot itself that is so well percieved. I cant think of any game close to it.

What? How is it amazing? And what the hell does "well percieved" mean? That doesn't make sense. The plot was serviceable, but it was just a stall to the 3rd game, and an excuse to make some more universe changing decisions on the planets you visited. *spoilers* At the end of the game nothing at all has changed from the end of Mass Effect. Mass Effect 2 is absolutely incredible game in almost every respect.... plot is not one of them. Not at all.

Apparently GTA4 is better than both since they gave it a 10......

Ping_ii said:
Apparently GTA4 is better than both since they gave it a 10......

What does that have to do with anything?

naznatips said:
selnor said:
leatherhat said:

What? How is it amazing? And what the hell does "well percieved" mean? That doesn't make sense. The plot was serviceable, but it was just a stall to the 3rd game, and an excuse to make some more universe changing decisions on the planets you visited. *spoilers* At the end of the game nothing at all has changed from the end of Mass Effect. Mass Effect 2 is absolutely incredible game in almost every respect.... plot is not one of them. Not at all.

Thats why its a trilogy. No?

I love the plot. Sorry you didnt enjoy it. But to be honest I normally take no noticeof game plots. As they are usually worse than B movies. Mass Effect is better than alot of great sci fi films for me. Even if it borrows here and there.