By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What large JP publisher should Nintendo buy into.

What large JP publisher should Nintendo buy into.

Capcom 16 31.37%

Konami (+Hudson) 3 5.88%

Namco Bandai (+D3P & Banpresto) 4 7.84%

Sega 13 25.49%

Square Enix (+Taito & Eidos) 8 15.69%

None 7 13.73%

Total:51

The Namco and IP buyout threads have me wondering which of the "Big 5" companies would be worth Nintendo's while to go whole hog and just buy out.

Feel free to suggest smaller firms as well like Level-5, Atlus, Koei Tecmo, Takara Tomy, Marvelous, etc

Around the Network

I said Sega, it seems like a good fit and Nintendo could get them back on track quality-wise

Please GOD not Sega.

You might as well hurl a bomb at Nintendo HQ.

WOW! My thread has inspired 2 others! I am impressed! I voted Namco due to personal preferences(!). The general consensus seems to be Capcom. Imagine if Nintendo bought both! I think it would then dominate MASSIVELY in Japan. Could be an idea for the next gen.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Non of them lol.

Around the Network

If I had to choose one, I'd say Capcom as they would be the most amenable to it and the most beneficial to Nintendo.

Honestly though, as you said in another thread, it'd be more worthwhile investing in their own studios or new ones with all the lay-offs recently.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I kinda wish Nintendo had bought Enix way back. DQ & Mario go together like PB & Chocolate. Plus I bet cool series like Actraiser and SoulBlazer wouldn't be rotting away in obscurity. And they'd have probably made fucking sure tri-Ace delivered a better Star Ocean 4 than the trash we got.

For most success in the JPN market, I would say Square Enix, but for my personal gamer tastes it is either Konami (MGS4) or Capom (RE 5, Lost Planet) ips.

Capcom and Sega seem like the clear favorites so far. Well, them and None (lol).

I actually think Nintendo would create a better Sonic game than Sega, IMO anyway.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"