By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best News Ever: Halo and Fable coming to Xbox Live Marketplace

Awesome news. I expect all 360 owners to get Fable now. And after you've played that terrific game, you might even want to give that Halow thing a try too.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Hrm, just seems like a pain in the ass to take my entire xbox360 over to a mates to play Halo if we have downloaded it onto the HDD. I have no doubt that to some, this will be great, it will be a bigger convenience to get titles such as Fable without putting in much effort, but to me, it just seems more costly and less efficient. Just my opinion though.

Games i'm currently playing:

I agree that there is nothing on the original XBOX that I really need. Once you've played Halo 3, there's no need to play the first one.

I still own my original Xbox, and I have Halo, Halo 2, Fable and even Fable Lost Chapters. This a good move if you don't own the games, but as stated earlier, you can buy the games cheaper than downloading them, plus, unless you own the 120gb HDD, which I want but won't get until it's over 200gb at least, it will take up a lot of space on your HD.

And besides - why hassle with it if you change HDs? As long as you take care of your discs, they'll last a while.

Everyone that is defending this have two arguments:

1. The laziness factor of actually getting up and buying a copy at a local used game store

2. The availabilty of said used-game stores

For everyone that is saying that not everyone has easy access to used games, i'd like to know if this personally affects you or not. If it doesn't, then your argument is moot. It shouldn't really matter to you if the next man, whom you don't know, cannot access a used game store. If you live in the United States, and are not living in a ranch out in the middle of nowhere, you should have a Gamestop within reasonable distance. If you don't, throw your zip code up and prove it.

Second off, The pricing is absolutely rediculous. Crimson Skies costs $2 at Gamestop. $15 is a 750% markup over the price of a used copy of Crimson Skies. Out of all of the titles, the only one priced above the $15 cost is Halo, which is $25. This was done very recently, because of Halo 3. It was previously $10.

There have been enough reasons for the support of physical media. For those of you wanting there to be digital distribution all around, remember that many restrictions come with that, such as the end of used gaming. Don't expect games to be as cheap either. Without physical inventory, there's less reason to markdown a piece of merchandise because it doesn't sell well.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Okay I don't own an XBOX or a 360 but lemme give you my opinion on downloading games.

1- Buying a console with such a big hard drive will cost a fortune, that's without the games you have to purchase and all the services that you need to pay.

2- My internet isn't unlimited. I don't know about other countries, but I pay a fortune and I can't even dload as much as I want.

3- What happens if you spend money and dload a game that after a while you realise you don't like it? Do you seriously expect M$ to give you money back, plus no way you can sell it! Too bad for you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About this thread, I would just buy the game at EBGames or another place where they sell it... Not very hard to find, plus it's cheaper and you get it faster.

If only they added online to Halo.

Funny thing is a lot of that games development time was spent on making the online MP work well, but Live wasn't ready when it launched, so that content was just removed. If only they could add that back in....

Oh, and MS is finally doing something big with downloadable games. Arcade has some gems, but for the most part is lackluster and not up to par with some of the games Sony is releasing online.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

lolita said:
Okay I don't own an XBOX or a 360 but lemme give you my opinion on downloading games.

1- Buying a console with such a big hard drive will cost a fortune, that's without the games you have to purchase and all the services that you need to pay.

2- My internet isn't unlimited. I don't know about other countries, but I pay a fortune and I can't even dload as much as I want.

3- What happens if you spend money and dload a game that after a while you realise you don't like it? Do you seriously expect M$ to give you money back, plus no way you can sell it! Too bad for you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About this thread, I would just buy the game at EBGames or another place where they sell it... Not very hard to find, plus it's cheaper and you get it faster.

All extra points that i hadnt even considered. Good post, working for Orange, i know what effect this would have on a lot of peoples internet connections. Not good to put it lightly.

Games i'm currently playing:

The pricing isn't crazy, it's normal.

How much does a brand new copy of Fable or Halo go for right now?
Answer: At www.gamestop.com a used copy of Halo 1 is $24.99
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=950063

Fable? Can't find it new anywhere on Gamestop.com - The PC version for Lost Chapters is $19.99

So exactly why are you comparing cheaper (or in the case of a physical store, more expensive) used copies of games vs. new digital downloads? You can always use the BS argument "b-b-but you can find a used copy for $2" but I can use that same argument about Halo 3. I can easily find a used copy of Halo 3 for under $50. That doesn't mean that everyone wants to rush out and snag it.

In my case, this does effect, and benefit me. I cannot find a new copy of Fable for under $20.00 USD, and don't want a 2 year old scratched, used copy that might not work. I'd much rather save the $5 and download it.

For more references, trying to snag a new copy of the given games off Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FABLE-The-Lost-Chapters-Xbox-Xbox360-New-Sealed_W0QQitemZ280170786879QQihZ018QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Fable = $ 13.95 new + $6.95 Shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-NEW-Crimson-Skies-High-Road-to-Revenge-X-BOX_W0QQitemZ120181005969QQihZ002QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Crimson Skies = $7.95 new + $5.95 Shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-HALO-1-COMBAT-EVOLVED-XBOX-LIVE-GAME-SEAL-NEW_W0QQitemZ160179024344QQihZ006QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Halo 1 = $19.74 new + $7.75 Shipping

So I fail to see how your really getting jipped. If you want new, the XBLM versions will be a bit cheaper, and faster since there's no shipping involved.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I like this idea, hopefully Sony copies it cause there are a lot of PS2 games I want and don't have.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!