By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: White Knight Chronicles Review *Suicide*

Naum said:
Like I said in another thread:

Haven't we learned already this gen that we should never trust JRPG reviews?

i agree,I like pretty much any rpg so ill have to get this. As long as it has a long story and lots of items to collect.....its mine.

Around the Network

Now that I have the game and played some few good hours in it, I don't see much of the criticism against it in reviews. It's a pretty solid game, I love the combat system, it has some pretty good looking enviroments with many diversity.

The only problems I could point are the lack of lip-synch in most dialogues and the extremely high respawn rate of enemies which makes for tiresome exploration. A solid 8 in my book.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

perpride said:
Icyedge said:
perpride said:
CaseyDDR said:
perpride said:
Mirson said:
perpride said:
HAHAHAHA I WAS NEVER PLANNING ON BUYING THIS GAME LOL.

Sad score for a sad game which should have been here a year ago. F U for making us wait this long.

FFXIII FTW!

You seem to be enjoying this, but yeah FFXIII> WKC. At least SE knows how to write a compelling story.

Oh I am enjoying it. FFXIII has been getting sooooooooooo much hate around here lately for no reason. Especially around here. And WKC was supposed to be so amazing lol. PPl here were making it sound like it was something special.

It's funny how somebody who hasn't played it seems to think his opinion actually means something.

It's funny how 90% of ppl who have played the game shit on it.

Actually its the other way around, its only 10% who played it that shit on it. If you dont trust me than you can simply read this thread from the start.

sorry dude... been here long enough to know when ppl are boosting a game that is not actually great in reality. The same thing practically happens with every overhyped game that is exclusive to any console - and then ends up flopping. White Knight Chronicles in particular is the latest game to fall into this category. And this is coming form someone who was initially (before a year went by after it released) quite interested in the game. Untill a few weeks ago I spent entire threads defending FFXIII from ppl who were trying to say White Knight was going to be better. ppl here are trying to say I'm saying things without playing a game? Practically nobody here has even TRIED FFXIII yet till a few days ago WKC>>>FFXIII!!!

When Square manages to localize a FINAL FANTASY title faster than you....somethings wrong.

This coming from a guy who's on the hype machine for FF13... Which as others have stated, has received mediocre reviews. There hasn't been a good FF game since 9. FF13 is only going to sell based on it's name, not actual gameplay, which is truly sad. I'm glad you feel important though that you have tried FF13.

(psst here's a secret, I've played FF13 also, ITS NOT THAT GOOD)

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

CaseyDDR said:
perpride said:
Icyedge said:
perpride said:
CaseyDDR said:
perpride said:
Mirson said:
perpride said:

Sad score for a sad game which should have been here a year ago. F U for making us wait this long.

FFXIII FTW!

You seem to be enjoying this, but yeah FFXIII> WKC. At least SE knows how to write a compelling story.

Oh I am enjoying it. FFXIII has been getting sooooooooooo much hate around here lately for no reason. Especially around here. And WKC was supposed to be so amazing lol. PPl here were making it sound like it was something special.

It's funny how somebody who hasn't played it seems to think his opinion actually means something.

Actually its the other way around, its only 10% who played it that shit on it. If you dont trust me than you can simply read this thread from the start.

sorry dude... been here long enough to know when ppl are boosting a game that is not actually great in reality. The same thing practically happens with every overhyped game that is exclusive to any console - and then ends up flopping. White Knight Chronicles in particular is the latest game to fall into this category. And this is coming form someone who was initially (before a year went by after it released) quite interested in the game. Untill a few weeks ago I spent entire threads defending FFXIII from ppl who were trying to say White Knight was going to be better. ppl here are trying to say I'm saying things without playing a game? Practically nobody here has even TRIED FFXIII yet till a few days ago WKC>>>FFXIII!!!

When Square manages to localize a FINAL FANTASY title faster than you....somethings wrong.

This coming from a guy who's on the hype machine for FF13... Which as others have stated, has received mediocre reviews. There hasn't been a good FF game since 9. FF13 is only going to sell based on it's name, not actual gameplay, which is truly sad. I'm glad you feel important though that you have tried FF13.

Mediocre reviews? WTF are you talking about?

39/40 from Famitsu.

9.3/10 from Game Informer

9/10 from OPM

8.5/10 RPGFan

And one 7.9/10

These are generally mediocre reviews? If these are mediocre then White Knight should be crying right now...

You can lie to me, but at least be truthful to yourself. WKC is only recieving hype because it's exclusive. PERIOD. If FFXIII was still exclusive every single one of you would be killing it with hype. If WKC wasn't exclusive half of you wouldn't even try it.

Hmm i could ignore single bad reviews after all idiots writting half page review for Valkyria Chronicles with 7/10 score exist but no way i can ignore several opinions pointing to the same flaws of the game.

So I ordered SO4 since i found 28 pounds preorder promotion and will wait with for WKC price drop to 10-15 pounds range and then will check people feedback on it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

this game will be in the bargin bin before to long.

Its mediocre. Don't let fanboyism blind you. Its a mediocre game. With a crappy ass story and a questionable battle system and the presentation has much to be desired (Really Level-5? Almost every game nowadays make sure their Lip syncing is on point. How the fuck do you let a crime like this happen? The Lip-syncing in Rogue Galaxy was better than this)
At best this game is an 8/10 at worst its a 6.5-7/10. This game was out of Level-5's element though. They thrive on fast paced action RPGs. (Dark Clouds, Rogue Galaxy) At times the game can look almost PS2-ish. I hope they change it up for WKC2 battle system wise and either speed up the time bar or get rid of it all-together.

Honestly this game would have thrived as a PS3 launch title. We're 4 years into the console's life cycle. Careless mistakes like the ones made in this game should only be made for a 2006-2007(early) title. Honestly from a developer Like Level-5 where people would be hailing them as the next BIG JRPG developer (Think Squaresoft) If they just made better stories. But it seems they've taken 10 steps forward and 7 back.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

It is a pretty good game. Around a 8.5/10 for me. Play it yourself peeps. Don't trust the reviewers.

CaseyDDR said:
perpride said:
Icyedge said:
perpride said:
CaseyDDR said:
perpride said:
Mirson said:
perpride said:

FFXIII FTW!

FF X and FFXII are better than IX for me. So come up with a better excuse other than some medicore reviews that no one can trust.

IGN is the next gamespot !!

We must take all what IGN tell with a "mountain" of salt or two. They are ready to say anything to draw attention because they are losing a lot of readers lately.

As for WKC, i played it at my friend's place and the game is great. It seems to have a lot of depth, gigantic maps, a decent story and a very good gameplay. The game deserves at least an 8 out of 10 IMO. Even if reviews say it's a bad game, i say give it a try by renting it and buy if you like it.
We can't always rely on reviews to judge a game.