Forums - PC Discussion - NVIDIA GeForce Gaming Celebration “#BeForTheGame”

Not sure if this was posted yet, but the live stream starts in 5 hours. Also not sure if you can embed twitch here so I'll just leave the link.

Nvidia is set to announce their real-time ray tracing capable RTX 20 series cards. Apparently, they will also show some games capable of using said feature.

The GTX 10 series cards released over 2 years ago, so I am quite excited to see what they announce.



Around the Network

Let's see what Nvidia got in store for PC gaming. Can't wait to get my hands on them. Hopefully they are far more powerful. I guess we will see the result on the stream today.



Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti 11GB VRAM | Asus PG27UQ gaming on 3840 x 2160 @120 Hz GSYNC HDR| HTC Vive Pro :3

Reached PC master race level.

I'm sure new cards will be great, but way overpriced. Nvidia being the absolute leader in PC gaming has operating margin as high as 63% !

Now that's the reason new generation is always more expensive for the same model than a previous one!

PNY leak shows RTX 2080 Ti will cost around 1000$ and RTX 2080 around 800$ which is 200$ more expensive than GTX 1080 was on release.

Also why did they change the GTX brand they were working with for over a decade for an RTX? Wtf... ?

I'm a primarily PC gamer but it kind of sucks the best games in terms of graphics are on consoles this year (Shadow of The Colossus, God of War, Detroit, Spiderman all exclusively on PS4) and RDR 2 on PS4 and Xbox. Shadow of the Tomb Raider doesn't look graphically as good Uncharted 4 or Uncharted Lost Legacy, and Assassin's Creed Odyssey looks great, but so did Origins last year. 

Anyway, no doubt enthusiats with a lot of money will buy these new expensive RTX cards to play these 2  games in 4K max details or so, but I'm not excited for them for this money...

But I always watch Nvidia GTX (RTX...) conferences LIVE anyway, so bring it on in 4 hours.

Last edited by Radek - on 20 August 2018

Peh said:

Let's see what Nvidia got in store for PC gaming. Can't wait to get my hands on them. Hopefully they are far more powerful. I guess we will see the result on the stream today.

supposedly the RTX2060=GTX1080, so yeah it's a decent improvement.



Kirin_gaming said:
Peh said:

Let's see what Nvidia got in store for PC gaming. Can't wait to get my hands on them. Hopefully they are far more powerful. I guess we will see the result on the stream today.

supposedly the RTX2060=GTX1080, so yeah it's a decent improvement.

I'm sceptical about that, but regardless I'm looking at getting the successor to the 1060 to finally replace my old 670.



LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

Around the Network
Radek said:

I'm sure new cards will be great, but way overpriced. Nvidia being the absolute leader in PC gaming has operating margin as high as 63% !

Now that's the reason new generation is always more expensive for the same model than a previous one!

PNY leak shows RTX 2080 Ti will cost around 1000$ and RTX 2080 around 800$ which is 200$ more expensive than GTX 1080 was on release.

Also why did they change the GTX brand they were working with for over a decade for an RTX? Wtf... ?

I'm a primarily PC gamer but it kind of sucks the best games in terms of graphics are on consoles this year (Shadow of The Colossus, God of War, Detroit, Spiderman all exclusively on PS4) and RDR 2 on PS4 and Xbox. Shadow of the Tomb Raider doesn't look graphically as good Uncharted 4 or Uncharted Lost Legacy, and Assassin's Creed Odyssey looks great, but so did Origins last year. 

Anyway, no doubt enthusiats with a lot of money will buy these new expensive RTX cards to play these 2  games in 4K max details or so, but I'm not excited for them for this money...

But I always watch Nvidia GTX (RTX...) conferences LIVE anyway, so bring it on in 4 hours.

Yeah, I also heard about those prices, they're getting ridiculous. Apparently, though they are keeping the GTX line which will be less expensive than their RTX line. The RTX line is for their ray tracing capable cards. Not sure how reliable that is though, might just be a rumour.



Barkley said:
Kirin_gaming said:

supposedly the RTX2060=GTX1080, so yeah it's a decent improvement.

I'm sceptical about that, but regardless I'm looking at getting the successor to the 1060 to finally replace my old 670.

So am I. Some people came to that conclusion since the alleged 3D Mark score of a leaked 2060 was comparable to that of the 1080. Although it wouldn't be the first time such a jump happened. If I remember correctly the 660 was comparable to the 580 when it released.



I'll be there if I don't forget about it. In terms of new GPUs we already know everything we need to know. What I'm interested in is which future games will use the cool new features.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
I'll be there if I don't forget about it. In terms of new GPUs we already know everything we need to know. What I'm interested in is which future games will use the cool new features.

You mean at the show? Since you are from Germany I just had to ask lol



Kirin_gaming said:
vivster said:
I'll be there if I don't forget about it. In terms of new GPUs we already know everything we need to know. What I'm interested in is which future games will use the cool new features.

You mean at the show? Since you are from Germany I just had to ask lol

Nah, I don't see the point of actually being there. People just seem to have too much time on their hands.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.