Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XII Remaster Confirmed by... the Distant Worlds Conductor? o.O

BasilZero said:
Ka-pi96 said:

8 below 13?

Nice to see 9 getting some love though, it was a great entry in the franchise. Really hope they do a steam re-release or something of it sometime soon.


I didnt like the Junction or SeeD system in FFVIII.

I loved the combat system in FFXIII though - The Paradigms system and the CSB battle system is awesome.

Both games had great music. FFVIII's cast is better but overall I enjoyed XIII far more than VIII.

Planning to play FFVIII soon and will double dip on FFXIII on Steam in the future.

I am also hoping for FFIX to be remastered as well. A PS4/Vita/PC release is possible (the PC version was actually made but never finished/released) :(!

I actually loved the junction and seed systems of 8, that and the great cast of characters are why it's my favourite one.

I like having full control over the party so 13's battle system annoyed me a bit. I also only liked playing as the commando so the bits where you were forced to play as certain characters I found to be quite annoying. It's suprising how many annoying little things like that there are in 13 that could have been easily fixed.

Hopefully the PS4 port of 7 will be successful and encourage SE to port more of them. 9 has a lot of things about it that give it a lot of longevity. Things like the cardgame and the chocobo minigame. Would love to play them again sometime



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network

here's hoping I can get this on PS4 and Vita, just like X, if it's legit.



I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

Ka-pi96 said:

I actually loved the junction and seed systems of 8, that and the great cast of characters are why it's my favourite one.

I like having full control over the party so 13's battle system annoyed me a bit. I also only liked playing as the commando so the bits where you were forced to play as certain characters I found to be quite annoying. It's suprising how many annoying little things like that there are in 13 that could have been easily fixed.

Hopefully the PS4 port of 7 will be successful and encourage SE to port more of them. 9 has a lot of things about it that give it a lot of longevity. Things like the cardgame and the chocobo minigame. Would love to play them again sometime


lol I loved changing paradigms - it was like playing a MMO - you have certain characters with certain roles.

That was my most favorite aspect in the battle system cause it allowed you to use different strategies to defeat enemies or even shield against attacks rather than blindly attacking enemies.

Sentinel = Tank
Commando = Frontline Attacker
Ravager = Magic AoE Attacker
Medic = Healer
Synergist = Buffer
Saboteur = Attack Support

The single party member control was fine for me - if I wanted to play as a different character - I would just switch the leader (in my playthrough I went through as Lightning, Vanille and Snow - all of who I used in the final battle).

The only annoying thing I found about XIII other than the personality of the characters is the progression of travel - you cant go back to older places. At first I didnt like the full HP after each battle and the lack of MP but that grew on me so I didnt mind.

 

--

If the port for FFVII on PS4 is successful - FF8 will be next with a possible remake as well. Hopefully IX will be in the works by that time.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

HollyGamer said:
Aiddon said:
why in the world would anyone want to remaster one of the worst entries in the franchise? Assuming this is legit, which is dubious.

You clearly never played Ff 1 ,2, and 3, lol even FF 13, 13 -2, and 13 lightning. Lol even FF 8 is overated.


1 and 3 are fun, 2 is mediocre, and 13 is equally as bad as 12. Though admittedly nowadays the GOOD entries like 4-7 are now being outnumbered by the bad ones, thus making them the exception instead of the rule.



StarOcean said:
Johnw1104 said:
Any theories as to why XII is so divisive? For me it was the game that finally had me abandoning the franchise after years of loving it (and I know I'm not alone in that), and yet everyone who did like it absolutely loved it. I'm not sure there's a more divisive installment than 12.

Nah, X is the most divisive. XII is close though. The problem with 12 was its battle mechanics. I remember being new to FF and buying 12 just to hate it because I didn't understand the battle system. Many others were the same way. However about a year ago I gave it a second chance and learned how to play it properly and ended up absolutely loving it. It's in my top 5 FF games

I loved the gambit system. With difficult bosses you can take full control yourself, yet for the mundane battles you have the choice to perfect your own AI routines. You could make quite complex behavior with 3 characters and a set of simple rules each. I made it a point not to interfere, watch it play out, then analyze and improve the AI. Swapping out different lines for different sets of enemies. It was a fun way to play and you actually get to watch the battles instead of scrolling through menus to select the next attack for each character. Finally ally AI that works, since you make it yourself.



Around the Network

Does anyone else feel like the guy just can't read Roman Numerals or something and he meant 7 instead?



Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Aiddon said:
HollyGamer said:
Aiddon said:
why in the world would anyone want to remaster one of the worst entries in the franchise? Assuming this is legit, which is dubious.

You clearly never played Ff 1 ,2, and 3, lol even FF 13, 13 -2, and 13 lightning. Lol even FF 8 is overated.


1 and 3 are fun, 2 is mediocre, and 13 is equally as bad as 12. Though admittedly nowadays the GOOD entries like 4-7 are now being outnumbered by the bad ones, thus making them the exception instead of the rule.

I didn't know FFXII was a bad game? Because personally, I think's it a fun and great game.



My PS4 is ready~ Do want.



Final fantasy XII is the best final fantasy i played and i need to play it again



SvennoJ said:
StarOcean said:
Johnw1104 said:
Any theories as to why XII is so divisive? For me it was the game that finally had me abandoning the franchise after years of loving it (and I know I'm not alone in that), and yet everyone who did like it absolutely loved it. I'm not sure there's a more divisive installment than 12.

Nah, X is the most divisive. XII is close though. The problem with 12 was its battle mechanics. I remember being new to FF and buying 12 just to hate it because I didn't understand the battle system. Many others were the same way. However about a year ago I gave it a second chance and learned how to play it properly and ended up absolutely loving it. It's in my top 5 FF games

I loved the gambit system. With difficult bosses you can take full control yourself, yet for the mundane battles you have the choice to perfect your own AI routines. You could make quite complex behavior with 3 characters and a set of simple rules each. I made it a point not to interfere, watch it play out, then analyze and improve the AI. Swapping out different lines for different sets of enemies. It was a fun way to play and you actually get to watch the battles instead of scrolling through menus to select the next attack for each character. Finally ally AI that works, since you make it yourself.

Exactly how I felt. It was good to have AI you had control over. I liked seeing what did and didnt work with the variables and other things I added with the gambits. Something is really fun about being able to have control over how the AI acts. It made regular battles and grinding very very easy and less tedious