I generally think that Sony are mad concering some of the choices they make, but the Magic Box is reprting that Sony is offering some interesting incentive for buying digital copies of games from PSN rather than heading to a store to pick up hardcopies.
The Magic Box reports that:
Sony has launched a new campaign called PSN Day 1 Digital, which allows retail releases to be added to the PlayStation Store on the same day. Eight titles will be in this campaign, and PS Plus subscribers gets 10% discount on selected titles, the game titles are ...
- Resident Evil 6 (Oct 2) - $59.99
- NBA 2K13 (Oct 2) - $59.99 ($53.99 for PS Plus pre-order)
- Dishonored (Oct 9) - $59.99 ($53.99 for PS Plus pre-order)
- DOOM 3: BFG Edition (Oct 16) - $39.99 ($35.99 for PS Plus pre-order)
- 007: Legends (Oct 16) - $59.99
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter (Oct 23) - $59.99
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Oct 30) - $59.99 ($53.99 for PS Plus pre-order)
- Assassin's Creed III (Oct 30) - $59.99
Now I live in a country where it's always difficult to get hardcopies of games, never mind having to get them shipped. So, if I can get my games on Day 1 at a discount, then this move from Sony, I think, really is smart one, especially for people like me.
So, do you agree that this a smart move by Sony? Do you prefer digital copies of games or hardcopies, or you can do both? Is digital d/l games the future?
Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren
I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.