Link to the article here.
PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs Switch 2022 Sales Comparison Charts Through December 31
Here we see data representing the global sales through to consumers and change in sales performance of the three current platforms (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch) and three legacy platforms (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo 3DS) over comparable periods for 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022. Also shown is the market share for each of the consoles over the same periods.
Year to Date Sales Comparison (Same Periods Covered)
Market Share (Same Periods Covered)
2019 – (Week ending January 12 to January 4)
2020 – (Week ending January 11 to January 2)
2021 – (Week ending January 9 to January 1)
2022 – (Week ending January 8 to December 31)
"Year to date" sales for 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 sales are shown in series at the top of the table and then just below a comparison of 2022 versus 2021 and 2022 versus 2020 is displayed. This provides an easy-to-view summary of all the data.
Total Sales and Market Share for Each Year
- Xbox Series X|S
- 9.29 million units sold year-to-date
- Up year-on-year 1,286,976 units (+16.1%)
- Xbox One
- 0.03 million units sold year-to-date
- Down year-on-year 70,539 units (-71.8%)
- Nintendo Switch
- 19.59 million units sold year-to-date
- Down year-on-year 4,542,656 units (-18.8%)
- PlayStation 5
- 13.64 million units sold year-to-date
- Up year-on-year 921,736 units (7.2%)
- PlayStation 4
- 0.48 million units sold year-to-date
- Down year-on-year 1,947,727 (-80.3%)
VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTube. Follow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.
Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown | Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.