Now this is my kind of thread.
- Symphonia - Favorite game of all-time! While the gameplay has improved slightly in later titles (free run most notably), I still consider the gameplay in this one excellent and the story and my favorite cast of characters are what secures it the top spot
- Vesperia - A match for Symphonia in most ways with slightly improved gameplay and another great cast of characters, but I do prefer the story in Symphonia
- The Abyss - Another excellent title with much in common with the two above. The story is a tad messy, but still very great
- Xillia 2 - Even if the choice system was wasted a bit, I was still more invested in this game than the original due to better storytelling. I wasn't really bothered by the fact that it reused most areas
- Xillia - The link system is cool but I also have my issues with it and the story is good but not quite great. Despite this I still greatly enjoyed it
- Graces - Best game in the series in terms of combat. The rest isn't quite up to snuff though and I wasn't a fan of Lineage and Legacies
- Beseria - I see some think it improved the combat, but to me it certainly didn't (not that it ruined it either, but it was a step down for me). I'd still consider it a solid game though
- The ones I haven't played
- Dawn of the New World - Felt like they started out with an idea for an original title, then brute-forced it into a Symphonia sequel. Could have been alright as a stand alone game, if probably still the weakest in the series
I really need to play Phantasia and Destiny.
Bonus: Well I hope the gameplay remains as solid as ever despite a new direction. And my god it would be great if it was a complete return to form story-wise, for me they haven't quite knocked it out of the park since Vesperia, even if Xillia 2 got quite close.
- Switch - 27m
- PS5 - 15.5m
- Xbox Series - 10m