Some more positive developments in the current pandemic:
- European nations are reporting encouraging signs - Italy has recorded its lowest daily toll in two weeks, France reported its lowest daily toll in a week and Spain said fatality numbers have fallen for the third straight day. (As of 6th April)
- There are now 49 vaccines and 79 treatments for COVID-19 in clinical trials around the world
- A new study has shown that an anti-parasitic drug called Ivermectin, already available around the world, can kill the virus within 48 hours.
- Biotech giant Gilead is donating 1.5 million doses of its experimental anti-coronavirus drug remdesivir for compassionate use, expanded access and testing.
- The Gates Foundation is building seven factories, one for each of the top seven vaccine candidates. “Even though we’ll end up picking at most two of them, we’re going to fund factories for all seven, so we don’t waste time.”
Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)