02 July 2016
Steam stats for June are out.
- Windows 10 share (64 bit + 32 bit) has grown another 3.4% to 44.46%.
- Windows 7 share (64 bit + 32 bit) has fallen another 2% to 36.97%.
- OSX share has stayed the same (3.6% of all surveyed Steam accounts)
- most MacOS users upgraded from 10.11.4 to 10.11.5
- Linux share fell from 0.84% to 0.80%, so relative 5%... but keep in mind that the Steam machines aren't included in the survey!
Now the GPU stats.
What can I say? Valve fucked them up again!
A lot of DX12-, DX11-, DX10- and DX9-compatible cards are again wrongly tagged as "DX8 cards and below", so the percentages for the DX12-, DX11-... sections are also wrong due to wrong totals. GTX 970 + 960 are still performing well, but that is only a trend (which will probably stop soon due RX 470, RX 480, GTX 1050, 1060 and 1070).
If Steam had updated the "all video cards" section the wrongly tagged GPUs wouldn't be a big problem, but for June Valve doesn't tell us much there either... "others" = 100%.
See you next month.