This console is a software moving monster. Seems every first party release for the system is turning to gold, and quite a few third party efforts as well. I definitely think Pokemon Switch is gonna outsell every gen since gen 2.
True, a quick analysis show us this:
- Zelda BotW is already the best selling game in the series already. Even if you combine remake versions this will happen this year anyway
- MK8D outsold the original, a rare feat in the industry. It’s also on track to easily cross the 20m mark (and who knows where it will land)
- Splatoon 2 became the best selling in the series after 6 months on the market
- Pokkén is about to outsell the original
- SMO is by far the fastest selling 3D Mario ever and will become the best selling one this year
- XC2 is the best selling in the series
- Bayonetta 2+1 is outselling their counterparts launch aligned
- Kirby Star Allies is by far the fastest selling in the series
I mean, all games that aren’t a new IP are outselling their originals, either have become the best selling in the series or are bound to become eventually. I’ve never seen this before.
I won’t be surprised if DKCTF outsell the original quite fastly too. Might even outsell the Wii game in the long run.
Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won