I loved the opening to TP. Exploring Orden (ino people go on about the opening tutorials part of the game but I loved it), then when I walked out of the forest into Hyrule field for the first time with detailed (2006) graphics my hype-meter exploded! XD. I played the Wind Waker and finished it and also had the Zelda Collection too (which includes Zelda 1, 2, OOT, MM).
Eventhough I had a SNES and N64, I never had any of the Zelda games until the windwaker in 2003. Then when I saw the E3 2004 Zelda trailer, I was hyped from that moment.
So the Hype in twilight Princess was perfect and it made walking into that field one of the most remember-able experiences in a game. There is a tonne of other games I want to mention, a few are:
- Mario 64 (castle interior/exterior)
- Banjo-Kazooie (Tick-Tock Woods, Loved the 4 different seasons, that level felt like a game in itself XD)
- Zelda Wind Waker (All of the game)
- Fallout 3 (All the Game, particularly walking towards that green island miles into the distance, the one with the dying tree)
- Red Dead Redemption (All of the Game, particularly Racing to Mexico for the first time on horseback)
- Bioshock Infinite (The Views throughout the game)
- Minecraft (getting dropped into the world for the first time as night soon falls)
- Resident Evil 1 (All the camera views throughout the game, exploring the mansion particularly the GC remake)
- Resident Evil 2 (just starting out in an open city with zombies next to you)
- Resident Evil 4 (Village)
- Dead Island (it's amazing from the start, then you get the car and the game becomes even more immersive)
- Xenoblade Chronicles X (Every polygon and texture pixel in the World including the water and sky)
I have (or have/had in the household): ZX-81, Commidore 64, Amega, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10 & PSVR. Plus, I will be getting the New Nintendo Switch sometime in 2019 :D
and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Nes, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-main-stream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.