So from what I can tell, this is some of what Disney is going to acquire:
- 20th Century Fox - The fourth biggest movie studio in terms of revenue, with some of the all-time biggest hits like Titanic, Avatar, Independence Day, etc.
- Fox News - One of the three big cable news networks in the USA. During the 2016 election, they had upwards of 24 million people watching simultaneously at a couple of points.
- Fox Music - Has sold tens of millions of albums since the 90's.
- Fox Sports Networks - A network of channels that air local sports across the USA. Notably one of the few big names in the market besides Disney's own ESPN. There are also a few other college sports channels that are not part of this network, but would be included, along with one sports channel that provides Spanish coverage.
- FX - A TV channel and various spinoffs of it, such as FXX. Original shows include American Horror Story, Archer, Fargo, Sons of Anarchy, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
- Hulu - Though a joint venture between four different companies, Disney's portion combined with Fox's would give them a 60% share.
- National Geographic Channel - Fox owns most of it, with National Geographic owning a smaller portion.
- Etc - 20+ TV stations, half of a Dutch TV production company, international TV channels
Disney could get a whole lot bigger. I'm having trouble caring about the next Marvel crossover.
Both Fox News and Sports are off the table.
Though Disney owning Fox could be interesting. After all Disney has a bit of a reputation as being a liberal company, and I could see Disney getting in Fox's face and telling them to at least fact check, or tell the actual news.