Xbox 360 maintains its lead in the U.S. console market, marking 19 months as the top-selling current-generation console in the U.S.
July 2012 U.S. NPD highlights:
· Xbox 360 sold 203,000 units in July, more units than any gaming hardware, and held 49 percent share of current-generation console sales in the U.S. This marks the 17th consecutive month that Xbox 360 has held more than a 40 percent share of current-generation console sales in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, July 2012)
· Total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform in July (hardware, software and accessories) reached $218 million; consumers spent more on Xbox 360 products in July than they spent on the other two current-generation consoles combined. (Source: NPD Group, July 2012)
· During the month of July, Xbox 360 held six of the top 10 U.S. console game titles including: “NCAA Football 13,” “The Amazing Spider-Man,” “Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes” “Call of Duty: Black Ops,” “Assassin’s Creed: Revelations” and “Batman: Arkham City.” (Source: NPD Group, July 2012)
There has never been a better time to own an Xbox 360. Coming this holiday:
· The year’s hottest blockbuster games including “Halo 4,” “Forza Horizon,” “Dance Central 3” and “Fable: The Journey.”
· A whole new way to interact with your TV with breakthrough experiences for the whole family such as “Kinect Sesame Street TV,” “Kinect Nat Geo TV” and “Nike+ Kinect Training.”
· A suite of new Xbox LIVE and entertainment experiences including Internet Explorer for Xbox 360 alongside bringing Xbox games to Windows 8.
· Xbox SmartGlass, which enables all the devices you own to work together, making your games and entertainment even better.