Quantcast
When will PS3 lose its momentum?!

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will PS3 lose its momentum?!

mridul said: AC 6 isnt 360 exclusive. AC 6 is also coming to ps3 as well.
how do you know? is there some info? or just your guesses? =) Sony will win console war beacause of Folding@home. =))



Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.


Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

 

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

mridul said: robjoh said: Alacrist said: I like StarcraftManiac's, thread about the DS so here's so I started a series, When do you think the PS3 will lose momentum? Please post only about the given system. Thank You What momentum? Mayby in europe but other than that they are in free fall... in JAPAN ps3 is outselling x360 10:1 actually it is like 20:1 since the ps3 costs 550 and x360 cost 250 there. in Europe the ps3 is earning an extra 100$ due to the omission of EE chip + srinking of the CELL chip (a 60$ savings there no doubt). so if you look at total revenues then ps3 is outselling everyone. In USA too MOTORSTORM has given HW sales a significant boost. Of course the big guns are yet to come
Well first of all mayby I was a little bit hard on the poor PS3 but let me explain: 1, PS3 doesn't have a momentum in Japan beating xbox360 (which is DEAD, in Japan) is nothing when Wii is beating PS3 (and that is a lot) 2, Last month in USA PS3 only sold more than the xbox (origional) and GC. Even Gameboy sold more. This means that PS3 doesnt have a momentum to lose on those markets only to gain. Second: Can you show any links sources that indicates that the USA market is buying more now? Because I doubt that Motorstorm is a system seller, but I don't know. Thired looking on revenue is pointless, because PS3 is loosing money. The only consol selling with a profit is Wii.



 

 

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

CrazzyMan said: mridul said: AC 6 isnt 360 exclusive. AC 6 is also coming to ps3 as well. how do you know? is there some info? or just your guesses? =) Sony will win console war beacause of Folding@home. =))
I agree with mridul... think about it man who makes ace combat??? namco thats who ..they are not gonna completely abandon sony.. and besides they both own a gaming developing company together!!!! thats going to develope games exclusively for ps3 which was announced back in december... deg people please stop jumping to conclusions so quick and use your heads... you guys are worst than the people who thought assassins creed was only for the ps3.. if ubisoft is a multiplatform company why the hell would they all of a sudden develop a game only for the ps3 ? unless the game company decided only to develop for the ps3 or unless sony bought exclusive rights in which they stated that they dont go after... same thing with mercenaries 2.. i know ea is only the publisher but if EA is a multiplatform company why the hell would you think Mercenaries was ps3 only??? the only legit one is devil may cry and grand theft thats it



THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

  The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Bonafide732 said: CrazzyMan said: mridul said: AC 6 isnt 360 exclusive. AC 6 is also coming to ps3 as well. how do you know? is there some info? or just your guesses? =) Sony will win console war beacause of Folding@home. =)) I agree with mridul... think about it man who makes ace combat??? namco thats who ..they are not gonna completely abandon sony.. and besides they both own a gaming developing company together!!!! thats going to develope games exclusively for ps3 which was announced back in december... deg people please stop jumping to conclusions so quick and use your heads... you guys are worst than the people who thought assassins creed was only for the ps3.. if ubisoft is a multiplatform company why the hell would they all of a sudden develop a game only for the ps3 ? unless the game company decided only to develop for the ps3 or unless sony bought exclusive rights in which they stated that they dont go after... same thing with mercenaries 2.. i know ea is only the publisher but if EA is a multiplatform company why the hell would you think Mercenaries was ps3 only??? the only legit one is devil may cry and grand theft thats it
I don't think their will be a problem with exclusive games for the PS3 late 2007 early 2008. I am more afraid of that devs will give up PS3 if they doesn't delivere some nice sales number soon so that no games will arrive after that point. Sony might need to do a GC, live on the first party.



 

 

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

But to stay on topic of this discussion... if you are talking about losing momentum in terms of everyone just completely buying the system that wont happen.. momentum goes up and down throughout the year holidays of course is the high february etc is the low.. price cuts and games factor into momentum too.. look at the 360 it had no momentum until the holiday season.. but it had a game driving those sales gears of war... so its hard to tell if it will lose momentum if they dont release a killer game this holiday season i gurantee it will lose though



THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

  The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

robjoh said: Bonafide732 said: CrazzyMan said: mridul said: I don't think their will be a problem with exclusive games for the PS3 late 2007 early 2008. I am more afraid of that devs will give up PS3 if they doesn't delivere some nice sales number soon so that no games will arrive after that point. Sony might need to do a GC, live on the first party.
and i agree with that statement.. i too am afraid of that because lets face it everyone wants results now which is fair.. if sony doesnt sell enough this year i think some developers might either shut the door or go multi



THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

  The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

PS3 will not loose momentum tell about 2011. The PS3s problem right now is that it is ahead of its time. People don't understand what Blu-Ray is, devs don't know how to fully utilize the all of the techs inside the PS3, and lastly a lot of people don't have HDTV or Broadband yet. This is why the PS3 was made for the future. For the year 2007 PS3 will slowly begin to gain momentum as blu ray becomes more established. Once Uncharted, Killzone, MGS4, Heavanly Swoard, Ratchet and Clank, Lair, Singstar, Home, and LBP start coming out sales will begin to pass Wii (360 is already getting outsold). It will also be helped buy movie sales such as Spiderman 3, Casino Royal (which along with Motorstorm will help March significantly) 300, Cars, Pirates of the Caribean, and more. Momentum will continue to rise through 08 with the Getaway, GT5, White Knight Story, FFXIII, 8 Days, and many unanonced exclusives. By dec. 08 it should be at around 300 dollars which will also help.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

mridul said: robjoh said: Alacrist said: I like StarcraftManiac's, thread about the DS so here's so I started a series, When do you think the PS3 will lose momentum? Please post only about the given system. Thank You What momentum? Mayby in europe but other than that they are in free fall... in JAPAN ps3 is outselling x360 10:1 actually it is like 20:1 since the ps3 costs 550 and x360 cost 250 there. in Europe the ps3 is earning an extra 100$ due to the omission of EE chip + srinking of the CELL chip (a 60$ savings there no doubt). so if you look at total revenues then ps3 is outselling everyone. In USA too MOTORSTORM has given HW sales a significant boost. Of course the big guns are yet to come
MOTORSTORM has not done anything to boost sales of the ps3. WII domination has begun and XBOX 360 is still killing ps3. wait till the games come out for those two and ps3 will die and be left in the dust. HALO 3 and SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL will kill ps3. the CELL is not enough..



Cursayer said: MOTORSTORM has not done anything to boost sales of the ps3. WII domination has begun and XBOX 360 is still killing ps3. wait till the games come out for those two and ps3 will die and be left in the dust. HALO 3 and SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL will kill ps3. the CELL is not enough..
Although I agree with you that Motorstorm has done very little to bost PS3 sales I doubt that Halo 3 or Super Smash Bros: Brawl will actually be able to Kill the PS3. A few things I don't think anyone will debate is that the PS3 is selling far better than any other console would at its price (largely based on the strength of the PS2) and that at a lower price it would be a system that sold really well. In my opinion Sony still has a chance to turn things around before too much damage is done to the Playstation brand if they drop the price (dramatically) very soon; if in April or May they drop the price to $400 they could recover. On the other hand if Sony waits for developers to stop developing games for the PS3 before they take action the brand will die ...



Halo 3 and Smash Brothers will do very well for the 360 and wii respectivly, but in no way will they kill the PS3. The PS3 has a title to combat thouse games in all three regions, However, in Japan they have MGS4 which will sell very well compared to Lost Oddesy, but will only be a fraction of Samsh Bros. In the US they have Killzone which after the E3 07 showing will make Halo 3 a smaller impact, but it will still not be enoghf to outsell Halo, and samsh bros. will be 3rd in the US. In Europe Sony has an array of European titles that will crush any 360 or wii offering, the biggest are Singstar, Heavenly Swoard and Killzone. Also note that all of the big games on PS3 will be enjoyed world wide were as HAlo is very American only and smash bros is a huge game nerds brawl.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL