Quantcast
How can Sony afford to bring new 160gb Ps3+70€PSNcard+DS3?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How can Sony afford to bring new 160gb Ps3+70€PSNcard+DS3?

Gazz said:
The loss they just made in last quarter is not neccesarly caused by the PS3. Production costs of stockpiles of PSP 3000ś without selling them yet may very well be the cause of that combined with who knows what. Sony may indeed be losing on the PS3, but neither you or I know for sure.

 

Producing PSP3000s will not result in a loss for Sony, it just means their inventory goes up. They did produce some PS3s already for next quarter and that loss is incurred already, which increased their losses in the last quarter. They only way PSP3000 could result in a loss is that Sony still has a huge stock of older PSPs which need to be revised downwards because their selling price is lowered. That however would be a sign of very poor management from Sony.



Around the Network
Gazz said:
The loss they just made in last quarter is not neccesarly caused by the PS3. Production costs of stockpiles of PSP 3000ś without selling them yet may very well be the cause of that combined with who knows what. Sony may indeed be losing on the PS3, but neither you or I know for sure.

Nup.

They would have told us that.  It would have been a convenient excuse for investors.

 



starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

The increase in cost of the 160 gb HDD from the 80 gb is negligible, the big cost come from including a HDD in the first place irregardless of the price. PSN can be subsidized, they won't lose much (more) money over this.




*bleu-ocelot* said:
Doesn't Sony lose far less money in Euroland as opposed to the US or Japan?

 

not anymore, and at the current fall of the euro, it will be worth less than the dollar by christmas. where they are really hurting now is canada. japan is the best place for them right now with the strong yen, but they have not been able to move enough units



come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Sony loves bundles in these days, they might loose a bit of money at first, but i think overall this is the strategy they have to go for, to convince people they getting quite a lot for high price.



Around the Network

The best PS3 is still the original 60GB...



 

 

 

 

 

this is what is going to make sony's profit this quarter, the 70e they mostly get back through psn, the ds3 they wont loose that much uncharted is worth less now, sony are gonna make atleast 50€ per 160GB console



 


PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Soul_tech10 said:
this is what is going to make sony's profit this quarter, the 70e they mostly get back through psn, the ds3 they wont loose that much uncharted is worth less now, sony are gonna make atleast 50€ per 160GB console

Not a chance... the PS2, and PSP hardware and software will be what gets Sony a profit this quarter. (assuming they do, which they should for Christmas quarter)

 



TWRoO said:
Soul_tech10 said:
this is what is going to make sony's profit this quarter, the 70e they mostly get back through psn, the ds3 they wont loose that much uncharted is worth less now, sony are gonna make atleast 50€ per 160GB console

Not a chance... the PS2, and PSP hardware and software will be what gets Sony a profit this quarter. (assuming they do, which they should for Christmas quarter)

 

 

 hold up you are saying that sony will loose more than they are now with the 399 80GB console thatn a console where specs do not change (except the HDD) and it costs 100 more for consumers to buy, the 70€ they wil get back, the ds3 dosent change anything, and uncharted costs 29,99 now, so remembering that it costs sony aproximately 300 - 350 per console to produce they will gain  20 - 70 per 160GB console sold, especially in europe, that is why sony is charging more, to make a profit, i don't rembner seeing hard discs that expensive, a 250 GB HDD  costs 100.



 


PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I don't see Uncharted at our 160gb bundle..



 

 

Take my love, take my land..