FFXV didn't have QOL and gameplay adjustments over the other versions DQXI does which makes the game better to play through you're ignoring every other factor here it's not just more content it's QOL changes and gameplay fixes on top of more content and a classic 2d mode. I have the game on PC and the changes are welcomed ones.
People concerned about inconsistent scores should look into if it's the same reviewer for both versions. Different reviewers can have different opinions even if they work for the same publication.
But there were quality of life and gameplay adjustments in FFXV Royal Edition that were not in the game that was reviewed at launch.
A few examples:
- Letting you take control of your other party members during combat.
- Fully controlling the car.
- Control a boat. Fishing from the boat
- Options to change font sizes to enhance readability.
- Aranea as a playable character.
- New difficulty modes.
- New story sequences, quests, dungeons, skills, etc
This goes without saying, but content added to the game through DLC/updates months/years after release is not reflected in the scores it got months/years ago.Last edited by Hiku - on 27 September 2019