Quantcast
Just finished The Last Guardian... and I'm SO annoyed! (Spoilers I guess?)

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just finished The Last Guardian... and I'm SO annoyed! (Spoilers I guess?)

Tagged games:

Would you be annoyed if the trophy didn't pop for you?

Yes 6 85.71%
 
No 1 14.29%
 
Total:7

Probably not worth making a thread, but this one thing has actually annoyed me so bloody much!

So I just finished the game last night, took me a few days of playing... now don't get me wrong, the game itself, I loved it, the story, the interactions between the boy and Trico, the emotions are fucking real. Something that annoyed me though was the fact that it appears neither the boy nor Trico are in fact the titular last guardian... what's the crack with that? o.O

Anyway, the thing that I'm SO annoyed about is;

I completed the game, saw the credits roll, watched the following scene, saw "The End"... a trophy pops to say I finished the game in less than 30 hours, then another pops to say I finished it in less than 15 hours... but no trophy popped to say I actually finished the game! The most common, and ONLY unmissable trophy... and it didn't pop for me?! Checked online and turns out it's actually quite a common problem with people having to do another playthrough just to make it pop, lol.

Maybe I'll play through it again someday and that's when I'll get it, along with the "Untouchable Emissary" trophy, which is to finish the story without dying, which was a bullshit death, here's what I posted on Facebook yesterday;

"When you're going for a no death run on The Last Guardian, but Trico decides to be a dick and dive off a pillar into the abyss while you're on his back... stupid fucking giant dog bird thing!

Guess if I want the trophy I'll need to do another playthough, but /effort."

Yes, my death wasn't a fault of my own, but the stupid nature of Trico being pretty random, and this time randomly deciding to jump to NOTHING... nice man, very nice! -.-"

TL;DR I finished The Last Guardian, really enjoyed it, story was great, very emotional, LOVED the music and cutscenes, and at times it looked absolutely fucking BEAUTIFUL... but I'm annoyed that I didn't get my bronze trophy for finishing the game!



Around the Network

I always think it sucks to be denied a trophy you should have popped ( or any type of unlockable, perk, ect ), so I feel ya. I just got the platinum for EDF 5 a couple days ago, and the time between the mission complete and the trophy pop was kinda intense, due to the fact I had a problem with EDF 2025 for the PS3, which I finished about 6 months ago. Glad you enjoyed TLG in spite of the hiccups.



Chinese food for breakfast

 

COKTOE said:
I always think it sucks to be denied a trophy you should have popped ( or any type of unlockable, perk, ect ), so I feel ya. I just got the platinum for EDF 5 a couple days ago, and the time between the mission complete and the trophy pop was kinda intense, due to the fact I had a problem with EDF 2025 for the PS3, which I finished about 6 months ago. Glad you enjoyed TLG in spite of the hiccups.

Yeah I've been seeing you online smashing EDF lately lol, well done on that, doubt I'd ever have the time, patience and effort to go for one, lol :P 

As for The Last Guardian, yeah it does suck being denied the trophy, especially considering it is literally the ONLY unmissable trophy too, you think they'd have sorted it out by now (Like, over two years later?) but meh, it didn't take away from my experience with the game itself, really is amazing despite the flaws!



You people and your damned trophies.

Isn't that kind of like being upset you didn't get a "Participation Award" for just showing up?

By the way, this gif has nothing to do with anything but I just saw it and thought it was awesome.



pokoko said:

Isn't that kind of like being upset you didn't get a "Participation Award" for just showing up?

No, if anything it's like being upset you didn't get a "Winner Award" for winning... lol, completing the game is equal to "winning" the game, right? Therefore I want my trophy! :( 



Around the Network

Just be satisfied with finishing the game. Do you really need a trophy?



That sucks but on Xbox there would be an easy fix to that.
Maybe it works similary on PS4, but it's already too late in your case.

If a story achievement doesn't pop as it should or you make a mistake and you can't just revert to the last checkpoint, you can just delete your savegame on the console by going back to the dashboard (without closing the game), deleting it from console only. Then restart the game and it will sync your last cloud save, which is usually 20-ish minutes behind your current local save.



pokoko said:

You people and your damned trophies.

Isn't that kind of like being upset you didn't get a "Participation Award" for just showing up?

By the way, this gif has nothing to do with anything but I just saw it and thought it was awesome.

In many cases, not really. For example, the trophy that glitched on me in 2025 was representative of almost 500 hours of time over a span of over 2 years. I did more than just show up. If you're working towards something and are denied it, it can be frustrating. 10 hours, 100 hours, whatever.



Chinese food for breakfast

 

KLAMarine said:
Just be satisfied with finishing the game. Do you really need a trophy?

I mean... trophies are nice :(



Bristow9091 said:
pokoko said:

Isn't that kind of like being upset you didn't get a "Participation Award" for just showing up?

No, if anything it's like being upset you didn't get a "Winner Award" for winning... lol, completing the game is equal to "winning" the game, right? Therefore I want my trophy! :( 

But you got the trophies for doing well.  Wanting the trophy for simply crossing the finish line is greed.  Greed!