Quantcast
PR: Nintendo Switch Best Selling week Ever (US) (8.2mil+Sold Switches LTD) [Update: 8.6mil+]

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PR: Nintendo Switch Best Selling week Ever (US) (8.2mil+Sold Switches LTD) [Update: 8.6mil+]

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

Well I think Rick is a great guy. He says some crazy things but when the chips are down and it matters he's always been right. The man's never lost a bet, that's the sign of a true visionary. 

Your post may have almost 40 likes but people who don't hate Rick can't dislike your post so that system is very biased. I hope the mob don't get their way and Rick can stay here forever. He's a good contributer. 

Well yeah, I mean Switch did fail of a cliff after holiday season like he predict, Switch didnt won not single NPD month this year like he predict, Nintendo games dont have legs and selling less like he predict, Switch will this year will be down or flat compared to last year like he predict...so yeah it obvious that he was always right, like you wrote, a true visionary.

Also you just proved this part of Rols post: "Occasionally there are a few people who speak words of support for you, but that's first and foremost because they enjoy that you get a rise out of Nintendo fans with your drivel".

I never said nintendo games dont have legs, don't make up things. i said smash/pokemon legs won't be as good as mario kart, MO,a and zeld botw, and switch being flat have proven true so far, switch did lose most NPD'S, which most thought it would win almost all, so i was off a bit, and the cliff prediction yea i was way off, but that's beating a dead horse. 

Last edited by quickrick - on 04 December 2018

Around the Network

Pokémon already has over 3 million sales and its pretty bad. Even my three year old gets bored of it after 10 mins. Considering it is aimed towards the Casual gamers base it could sell well for a while. Smash brothers is going to sell like hotcakes. Its already a multi million seller on presales alone. It is never a good idea to bet against Nintendo System exclusives.



drinkandswim said:
Pokémon already has over 3 million sales and its pretty bad. Even my three year old gets bored of it after 10 mins. Considering it is aimed towards the Casual gamers base it could sell well for a while. Smash brothers is going to sell like hotcakes. Its already a multi million seller on presales alone. It is never a good idea to bet against Nintendo System exclusives.

i never did. originally had  pokemon at 6-8 and smash at 10-12 million, a while back i did raise it to 12-15, and 8-10, its not something i'm very confident in, and hardly a prediction i talk about much.



Oh okay I thought you were saying you didn't think those games would have legs. If those end up as the sales totals that is really successful.



drinkandswim said:
Oh okay I thought you were saying you didn't think those games would have legs. If those end up as the sales totals that is really successful.

He said they will fall off a cliff while simultaneously selling 3-4x their first week sales.......a bit of a contradiction.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
drinkandswim said:
Oh okay I thought you were saying you didn't think those games would have legs. If those end up as the sales totals that is really successful.

He said they will fall off a cliff while simultaneously selling 3-4x their first week sales.......a bit of a contradiction.

I said pokemon would, not smash. it would would fall of a cliff for a nintendo game which have the best legs in the industry. of course though any of my posts are gonna be highly scrutinized by you.

Last edited by quickrick - on 04 December 2018

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well yeah, I mean Switch did fail of a cliff after holiday season like he predict, Switch didnt won not single NPD month this year like he predict, Nintendo games dont have legs and selling less like he predict, Switch will this year will be down or flat compared to last year like he predict...so yeah it obvious that he was always right, like you wrote, a true visionary.

Also you just proved this part of Rols post: "Occasionally there are a few people who speak words of support for you, but that's first and foremost because they enjoy that you get a rise out of Nintendo fans with your drivel".

I never said nintendo games dont have legs, don't make up things. i said smash/pokemon legs won't be as good as mario kart, MO,a and zeld botw,

and switch being flat have proven true so far, switch did lose most NPD'S, which most thought it would win almost all, so i was off a bit, and the cliff prediction yea i was way off, but that's beating a dead horse. 

It would be very interesting if someone digs up your predictions about sales for Nintendo Switch games, last two are for PLG and Smash Bros, and of course both of your predictions already started looking wrong.

You said that Switch will be flat or even down YoY this FY WW not just in US, and Switch is actually is even now is YoY up in 1st 2 quarters of FY compared to last FY 1st two quarters, and offcourse biggest difference will be in Q3. You said Switch will not win not single one NPD month, and Switch won right away first month of year, so your predictions for hole year failed in first month. :D   While your "fail of a cliff" prediction become meme of this site.



Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

I never said nintendo games dont have legs, don't make up things. i said smash/pokemon legs won't be as good as mario kart, MO,a and zeld botw,

and switch being flat have proven true so far, switch did lose most NPD'S, which most thought it would win almost all, so i was off a bit, and the cliff prediction yea i was way off, but that's beating a dead horse. 

It would be very interesting if someone digs up your predictions about sales for Nintendo Switch games, last two are for PLG and Smash Bros, and of course both of your predictions already looking wrong.

You said that Switch will be flat or even YoY this FY WW not just in US, and Switch is actually is even now YoY up in 1st 2 quarters of FY compared to last FY 1st two quarters, and offcourse biggest difference will be in Q3. You said Switch will not win not single one NPD month, and Switch won right away first month of year, so your predictions for hole year failed in first month. :D

yea i admitted i was off on that, but how many predictions did you get wrong this year? you been saying all year switch will blow away last year's numbers because it was supply constrained, you been wrong the whole year, and you will continue to be wrong just be ready to have my avatar in your profile again :). 

I hardly make predictions on switch games, it doesn't really interest me.



It seems like there is a good change that the upcoming NPD results will lead to a meltdown, just like last year (over 1000 posts in 2 days -> thread closed). There have already been some casualties. Hopefully the wounds are not too deep and recovery is possible.



"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

quickrick said:
Miyamotoo said:

It would be very interesting if someone digs up your predictions about sales for Nintendo Switch games, last two are for PLG and Smash Bros, and of course both of your predictions already looking wrong.

You said that Switch will be flat or even YoY this FY WW not just in US, and Switch is actually is even now YoY up in 1st 2 quarters of FY compared to last FY 1st two quarters, and offcourse biggest difference will be in Q3. You said Switch will not win not single one NPD month, and Switch won right away first month of year, so your predictions for hole year failed in first month. :D

yea i admitted i was off on that, but how many predictions did you get wrong this year? you been saying all year switch will blow away last year's numbers because it was supply constrained, you been wrong the whole year, and you will continue to be wrong just be ready to have my avatar in your profile again :). 

I hardly make predictions on switch games, it doesn't really interest me.

Out of interest, what did you bet on this time?



DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!