Quantcast
I started playing GTA 3 again

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I started playing GTA 3 again

Tagged games:

I wasn't well the last week so I decided to boot up an old classic that wouldn't involve too much brain power. Playing the likes of battlefront 2 or rocket league online is not good for the mind when it's not fully fit! So I chose to boot up none other then GTA 3.

 

This is where GTA started for me so I'm loving this nostalgia trip. I'm surprised it's graphics aren't worse and I thought it controlled worse then it did. I've already completed about 30% of the missions so I'm flying through them.

 

Had no idea the ps4 version supported trophies. I'm delighted with that. Might even go for the platinum now. Unlike as a kid and teenager I get all the dialogue now so it's actually kind of like playing it for the first time.

 

The highlight so far has to be lazlo on the radio. Chatterbox fm I think. Holy shit that is comedy gold. And it's even funnier to me knowing the events of GTA V. 

 

Anyone else played this or the other GTA classics recently? 



Around the Network

yeah, I went back and played GTAIII on PS3 about a year or so, ago. The only thing i had to get used to was the no jumping out of the car thing. I know the guy can't swim.... wish he could, though. But, there's nothing that screams unplayable, like tomb raider II, or something.



Burning Typhoon said:
yeah, I went back and played GTAIII on PS3 about a year or so, ago. The only thing i had to get used to was the no jumping out of the car thing. I know the guy can't swim.... wish he could, though. But, there's nothing that screams unplayable, like tomb raider II, or something.

Haha that explains why I got wasted the minute the patriot drove off the beach into the sea lol. 



I still need to play GTAIII myself, but I have heard great things about it.



I can't go back to no GPS. The soundtrack still plays in my head, though. Great stuff and the talk radio station was the best thing ever!



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

Around the Network

Honestly its still my favorite GTA game. It lacks some features but there is beauty in its simplicity.



Games are fun.

Kerotan said:

 And it's even funnier to me knowing the events of GTA V. 

 

Could you expand on that? I'm curious.

 

I have fond memories of GTA 3, don't think I could put up with the graphics nowadays tho; looked amazing for its time but 3D open world graphics have improved so much that I'm not sure I can go back that far and still enjoy it.



An eternal classic



andyy

Machina said:
Kerotan said:

 And it's even funnier to me knowing the events of GTA V. 

 

Could you expand on that? I'm curious.

 

I have fond memories of GTA 3, don't think I could put up with the graphics nowadays tho; looked amazing for its time but 3D open world graphics have improved so much that I'm not sure I can go back that far and still enjoy it.

Graphics are horrible but are not really an issue, it are the controls and gameplay that can ruin the game's experience.






d21lewis said:
I can't go back to no GPS. The soundtrack still plays in my head, though. Great stuff and the talk radio station was the best thing ever!

https://youtu.be/e5Ay-CudpBA?t=59s  Just chill and listen.

Woman: "I've tried everything, and I just couldn't keep those extra two- hundred pounds off! It started to affect my marriage." Man: "She was too big for me, and I'll sleep with anything!" Woman: "The Abdomatrix, the Thigh-asizer, tummy stapling, I've had my mouth sewn up, my hands chopped off, you name it, I've tried it!" Man: "Except for exercising and eating right, porky!" Woman: "That's right, honey! Then I found The Dormatron! Using a new technology called bio-rhythmic-subconscious-gymnastics, The Dormatron exercises you while you sleep. Just strap in your arms and legs, put on The Dormatron headset, then wrap yourself in the special high-voltage electric blanket. Turn it on to 11 and burn those pounds away while a relaxing nights sleep! Now that I've lost 280 pounds, my husbands all mine again!" Man: "That's right honey, no more escort services for me!" Male Voice: "Don't be fat a day longer than you have to! Remember, being fat can even ruin a romantic cruise! *whooo* Call Dormatron now, at 1-800-sleepofflard. Or visit www.sleepofflard.com <http://www.sleepofflard.com>, and sleep your way to a thinner, happier you!