Quantcast
Global Sales Ranking - Week 99

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Sales Ranking - Week 99

The switch should get ahead of the ps4 again during smash week. Great to see both of these consoles selling so well.



Around the Network

Switch is comfortably tracking ahead of the 3DS. Very good sign to see.



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

pikashoe said:
The switch should get ahead of the ps4 again during smash week. Great to see both of these consoles selling so well.

Possibly even next week already, though that's gonna be tough, 500K+ needed next week to pull that off.

Edit: read it wrong, it would have need 1.5M, not 500k

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 18 December 2018

Week 92 is up, Switch is getting close to PS4 again





Around the Network

I am new here and have a question. Hope you can help out. This Global Sales Chart says that that the Switch sold around 24,9 Units at the end of November.

At the end of September we had 22,8 Million Units sold. After that there is the following Data:
NDP October 255.000 Units
NDP November 1.356.000 Units
Media Create October 169.835
Media Create November 527.753

So we are at around 25,1 Million Units sold, without Europe and the Rest of the World.

So why have the number 24,9 Million at VGChartz?

Thank you.



xAcEx said:

I am new here and have a question. Hope you can help out. This Global Sales Chart says that that the Switch sold around 24,9 Units at the end of November.

At the end of September we had 22,8 Million Units sold. After that there is the following Data:
NDP October 255.000 Units
NDP November 1.356.000 Units
Media Create October 169.835
Media Create November 527.753

So we are at around 25,1 Million Units sold, without Europe and the Rest of the World.

So why have the number 24,9 Million at VGChartz?

Thank you.

The 22.8M number is amount shipped, not sold through.  There are commonly 1-2 million in transit & on store shelves which accounts for the discrepancy.  According to VGChartz, there were around 21M sold at the end of September, so around 3.9M were sold worldwide in October and November.



SW-3707-5131-3911

kenjab said:

The 22.8M number is amount shipped, not sold through.  There are commonly 1-2 million in transit & on store shelves which accounts for the discrepancy.  According to VGChartz, there were around 21M sold at the end of September, so around 3.9M were sold worldwide in October and November.

Ah, okay. Thank you. So the 20 Million Sales Goal will be very hard to reach. Seems to be 17 Million for this fiscal year. 



xAcEx said:
kenjab said:

The 22.8M number is amount shipped, not sold through.  There are commonly 1-2 million in transit & on store shelves which accounts for the discrepancy.  According to VGChartz, there were around 21M sold at the end of September, so around 3.9M were sold worldwide in October and November.

Ah, okay. Thank you. So the 20 Million Sales Goal will be very hard to reach. Seems to be 17 Million for this fiscal year. 

Welcome to the site!!!

And ya 20 million is still possible but will be difficult, which the former president admitted when he made the forcast. Anything between 17-20 million seems feasible to me.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.