Quantcast
The Official Heavy Metal Thread

Forums - Music Discussion - The Official Heavy Metal Thread

Do you like extreme metal?

Yes 42 63.64%
 
No 16 24.24%
 
See Results 8 12.12%
 
Total:66
ktay95 said:
Vor said:

Give it a try. Their recent album are crap though IMO.

Haha cant say I've really listened to there new stuff, used to listen to some of there music. Recently just been putting on their greatest hits album when I want my A7X fix.

So, which bands are you into?



Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
ktay95 said:

Haha cant say I've really listened to there new stuff, used to listen to some of there music. Recently just been putting on their greatest hits album when I want my A7X fix.

So, which bands are you into?

Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, B4MV, Disturbed, Symphony X, A7X, Babymetal, Tool, Slipknot, Slayer... I dunno this list could go on for awhile. There's lots of bands where I only listen to one album or a song or 2 from different albums. The first 4 I listed are probs the ones I know best. Seen Maiden live like 4 times despite living in a country that nobody visits



So, the first poll has been added! It's basically one more of utility: since this is a music thread, there'll obviously be music posted So, I was wondering if you guys would prefer I embed the videos, or if your computers would have trouble running it the the post-per-page count you have?



OK, so of the people that participated in the poll, they said that they'd prefer the videos to be embedded! So embedded it is!

So, I made videos a few months ago of my 10 favourite death metal and black metal albums:



I used to be a huge Opeth fan, does that count?



Around the Network
think-man said:
I used to be a huge Opeth fan, does that count?

Yes I like Opeth too. Though I'm probably actually in a small minority, as my favourite album of theirs is actually Orchid!



Best metal bands are Nightwish, Battle Beast and Sabaton



Chrizum said:

Nice thread. My favorite metal bands that are missing in the OP are Gojira, Tool & Oranssi Pazuzu. Check them out!

I first heard about Gojira a few days ago, they were playing at a big metal festival in my country. I listened to some of their songs on Youtube and I loved it! They're one of the best band I discovered this year.

So far, I like their song Silvera best:



Flilix said:
Chrizum said:

Nice thread. My favorite metal bands that are missing in the OP are Gojira, Tool & Oranssi Pazuzu. Check them out!

I first heard about Gojira a few days ago, they were playing at a big metal festival in my country. I listened to some of their songs on Youtube and I loved it! They're one of the best band I discovered this year.

So far, I like their song Silvera best:

I like Ocean Planet myself:

 



A special treat for OP