Quantcast
PS4 Hardware Sales 2015 vs 2016 vs 2017: New Years numbers posted. 2017 ends at 20.2 million

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Hardware Sales 2015 vs 2016 vs 2017: New Years numbers posted. 2017 ends at 20.2 million

Would you be interested in a 2017 vs. 2018 comparison?

Yes 474 69.20%
 
No 81 11.82%
 
Total:555

Late tag.



...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

So, nothing worth noting on other years until ps4 pro launch right? What's next for ps4 2017?



pastro243 said:
So, nothing worth noting on other years until ps4 pro launch right? What's next for ps4 2017?

For 2015:
Week 36 is the week Metal Gear Solid 5 launched.
Week 39 was FIFA 16 launch week.
Week 45 is Black Ops 3
47 is Battlefront 1.
48 is the PS4's biggest Black Friday week to date.

For 2016:
Week 38 - The PS4 Slim/Persona 5 Japanese launch week comes before PS4 Pro.
Week 40 - FIFA 17
Week 46 - PS4 Pro
Week 48 - Black Friday

For 2017:
The next figures we'll be getting will be Dragon Quest XI launch numbers, which will do huge numbers in Japan.
Then there's also Destiny 2, FIFA 18, Gran Turismo Sport, CoD WWII, Battlefront 2, and of course, Black Friday week.



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

PAOerfulone said:
pastro243 said:
So, nothing worth noting on other years until ps4 pro launch right? What's next for ps4 2017?

For 2015:
Week 36 is the week Metal Gear Solid 5 launched.
Week 39 was FIFA 16 launch week.
Week 45 is Black Ops 3
47 is Battlefront 1.
48 is the PS4's biggest Black Friday week to date.

For 2016:
Week 38 - The PS4 Slim/Persona 5 Japanese launch week comes before PS4 Pro.
Week 40 - FIFA 17
Week 46 - PS4 Pro
Week 48 - Black Friday

For 2017:
The next figures we'll be getting will be Dragon Quest XI launch numbers, which will do huge numbers in Japan.
Then there's also Destiny 2, FIFA 18, Gran Turismo Sport, CoD WWII, Battlefront 2, and of course, Black Friday week.

Wow, thanks for the info



2018 will be peak year! The year will start out slower, but then GoW will launch and do yuge numbers, then we'll get Spiderman, KH3 etc. By Autumn RDR2 will release with PS4 marketing and bundles. At some point next year the first official price cut since years will come to effect. Expecting $199/299, or even lower ($179/279?).



Around the Network

July 29th numbers have been added.
Dragon Quest is quite the Dragon indeed in Japan.



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

Turkish said:
2018 will be peak year! The year will start out slower, but then GoW will launch and do yuge numbers, then we'll get Spiderman, KH3 etc. By Autumn RDR2 will release with PS4 marketing and bundles. At some point next year the first official price cut since years will come to effect. Expecting $199/299, or even lower ($179/279?).

I find that somewhat hard to believe.... though I know its possible.

For this year I still expect to see a $199 PS4 and a $350 PS4pro with a bundled game around november/december. hat would make PS4 sales explode. I doubt those numbers will be matched next year.

Fun fact: 

Half of 2017 = 12 major game releases

Whole of 2015 = 15 major game releases.

Conclusion....... games sells hardware.



Intrinsic said:
Turkish said:
2018 will be peak year! The year will start out slower, but then GoW will launch and do yuge numbers, then we'll get Spiderman, KH3 etc. By Autumn RDR2 will release with PS4 marketing and bundles. At some point next year the first official price cut since years will come to effect. Expecting $199/299, or even lower ($179/279?).

I find that somewhat hard to believe.... though I know its possible.

For this year I still expect to see a $199 PS4 and a $350 PS4pro with a bundled game around november/december. hat would make PS4 sales explode. I doubt those numbers will be matched next year.

Fun fact: 

Half of 2017 = 12 major game releases

Whole of 2015 = 15 major game releases.

Conclusion....... games sells hardware.

I was thinking the same thing, a temporary price cut this holiday is possible, and then a permanent one to $199 once GoW launches around March.



The numbers up to August 19th have been added.
2017 is looking to stretch its lead to 2 million in the coming weeks.



Pancho A. Ovies

Nintendo Switch in Japan (Famitsu): 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=238945&page=2

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2018 vs. 2019
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239387

If the numbers are right this year have been really up.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994