Quantcast
Angry Joe is Live streaming Zelda on Twitch!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Angry Joe is Live streaming Zelda on Twitch!

Does Angry Joe hate Nintendo?

No, Nintendo of Japan are... 24 37.50%
 
Yes, he hates Nintendo 15 23.44%
 
Both parties are at fault 8 12.50%
 
Nintendo sucks cause it's Nintendo!! 7 10.94%
 
Angry Who? 10 15.63%
 
Total:64
Cloudman said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

He hates business decisions, not their product. One good thing about Joe is that more often than not he can stay objective. This means more fun content to watch. heh

That's good to hear. At least he's not completely against Nintendo, as to never touch their products.

Yeah, I dont really watch him for his gaming skill.. Zelda should be more his speed. Might make for some entertaining moments. I wouldnt watch him play dark souls or an FPS. He does have some highs though where at gaming events he asks pressing questions from his fanbase. His popularity has taken from his review time though because he has many other tasks to deal with.



Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Of course, thats his livelyhood now. If he doesnt do this then he has to go and find a normal job. He tried to put up Nintendo videos and Nintendo kept flagging them if they arent apart of the Nintendo program where they take a chunk out of their money. The majority of games that are streamed are not Nintendo, so avoiding Nintendo doesnt hurt him at all, but it would be nice to show his viewers something different. Nintendo is very old school and tough on those who use their product. Even moreso than the competition who understands how this new world of streaming works.

Even still it's their product and their right to do with what they want with it. AJ has no rights to make money off of nintendo when he wants. He doesn't have to vlog about Nintendo games and in turn that doesn't severely dent Nintendo for him not paying attention. AJ has been showing LP's, little rants, big rants about the same old practices and of course movie reviews with movie rants, even trailer reviews and rants, so AJ pretty much does bring different rants to the table, but not really the kind that people want (especially if you look at the comments sections of some videos where people complain that he's deviating too far from his original shtick, which the vast majority of YT's tend to stick to).

He could very well of course simply go outside and get an actual job like the vast majority of the world's population do these days and have for centuries. LP'ing for cash isn't really the norm or even considered an actual legitimate carereer.



                                       

Chazore said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Of course, thats his livelyhood now. If he doesnt do this then he has to go and find a normal job. He tried to put up Nintendo videos and Nintendo kept flagging them if they arent apart of the Nintendo program where they take a chunk out of their money. The majority of games that are streamed are not Nintendo, so avoiding Nintendo doesnt hurt him at all, but it would be nice to show his viewers something different. Nintendo is very old school and tough on those who use their product. Even moreso than the competition who understands how this new world of streaming works.

Even still it's their product and their right to do with what they want with it. AJ has no rights to make money off of nintendo when he wants. He doesn't have to vlog about Nintendo games and in turn that doesn't severely dent Nintendo for him not paying attention. AJ has been showing LP's, little rants, big rants about the same old practices and of course movie reviews with movie rants, even trailer reviews and rants, so AJ pretty much does bring different rants to the table, but not really the kind that people want (especially if you look at the comments sections of some videos where people complain that he's deviating too far from his original shtick, which the vast majority of YT's tend to stick to).

He could very well of course simply go outside and get an actual job like the vast majority of the world's population do these days and have for centuries. LP'ing for cash isn't really the norm or even considered an actual legitimate carereer.

I think he's at peace with whatever direction his relationship with Nintendo goes. That meltdown was long ago. Even then he was right though. In an era where digital rights are moving closer in favor of the developer and consumers are losing more and more rights, streaming is at least one user right and free advertisement for the company. If Nintendo doesnt want to be in on it, then they aren't exactly needed. The majority of games that are streamed more freely are really from all other platforms but them. Im actually quite glad to see so many streams of this game, because this is definitely hyping even me up to get Zelda, regardless of whether the switch is a console for me. For Breath of the Wild, Twitch is where its at. This is also why I support donations, because gamers who make games look good and are talented/entertaining at playing should be paid. Nintendo can take as much ad revenue as they please from Youtube.



S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cloudman said:

That's good to hear. At least he's not completely against Nintendo, as to never touch their products.

Yeah, I dont really watch him for his gaming skill.. Zelda should be more his speed. Might make for some entertaining moments. I wouldnt watch him play dark souls or an FPS. He does have some highs though where at gaming events he asks pressing questions from his fanbase. His popularity has taken from his review time though because he has many other tasks to deal with.

I don't really follow him either, but I have watched some of his reviews. They're quite fun to watch, very long and detailed, and he doesn't hold anything back.



 

              

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I think he's at peace with whatever direction his relationship with Nintendo goes. That meltdown was long ago. Even then he was right though. In an era where digital rights are moving closer in favor of the developer and consumers are losing more and more rights, streaming is at least one user right and free advertisement for the company. If Nintendo doesnt want to be in on it, then they aren't exactly needed. The majority of games that are streamed more freely are really from all other platforms but them. Im actually quite glad to see so many streams of this game, because this is definitely hyping even me up to get Zelda, regardless of whether the switch is a console for me. For Breath of the Wild, Twitch is where its at. This is also why I support donations, because gamers who make games look good and are talented/entertaining at playing should be paid. Nintendo can take as much ad revenue as they please from Youtube.

It wasn't really that long ago, back in April 2015 to be exact, so just over a year and a half, coming close to 2 years. Developers shouldn't really be giving up their rights to the consumer (because giving up one for the other is what usually happens and the "happy medium" may work for one company, but that doesn't mean it has to be a template forced on all other companies).

 

The bolded part screams of "if they don't play by my ruels then they don't exist", which is a childish way to look about a company that doesn't really agree with your side of things, just like how a person doesn't agree with your pov, doesn't mean companies have to 100% of the time.

I wouldn't say Twitch is where it's at right now, especially considering that there are people who still use other sites to stream and vlog with, along with those who generally do not watch streams and instead watch trailers and talk to their friends, doing their own set of research towards buying a game, those ways of hyping ones self towards a game haven't died out yet and they aren't ther tineist minority on the planet either.