Quantcast
Shenmue III Approaching $7 Million

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shenmue III Approaching $7 Million

Screenshot said:

Triple A games development are pushing 9 figures now. Sega isn't the company they used to be, hence the crowd funding. they can't afford to take the risk on their own. if their is enough support they could pick it up. Those numbers posted by the O.P.  are quite low.

There are successful games that cost less to make, and crappy games that cost more. Besides the kickstarter goal was 2 million pledges to just get the game started, and it went above their estimation. 6 million in a month to be exact.

Further more Sony and Shibuya Productions assistance on the production and marketing end, and Sony with publishing support, Ys Net is able to use the money collected through Kickstarter purely for Shenmue 3’s development.



Around the Network
pierrebruyer said:
In other news

Star citizen is approaching 143 million

Damnit you stole my post



Azzanation said:
pierrebruyer said:
In other news

Star citizen is approaching 143 million

Damnit you stole my post

And is still not released  until 2030



 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

7 million dollars that could just as easily be going towards Skies of Arcadia Legends Remastered.



deskpro2k3 said:
Screenshot said:

Triple A games development are pushing 9 figures now. Sega isn't the company they used to be, hence the crowd funding. they can't afford to take the risk on their own. if their is enough support they could pick it up. Those numbers posted by the O.P.  are quite low.

There are successful games that cost less to make, and crappy games that cost more. Besides the kickstarter goal was 2 million pledges to just get the game started, and it went above their estimation. 6 million in a month to be exact.

Further more Sony and Shibuya Productions assistance on the production and marketing end, and Sony with publishing support, Ys Net is able to use the money collected through Kickstarter purely for Shenmue 3’s development.

They need still need to gauge public support before taking it on. Shenmue 2 sales were weak. The Dreamcast is no PS4 however.



Around the Network

Sounds pretty good .



It's a damn shame this game had to be made through Kickstarter.

That's not the entire budget btw, they have partners.

xl-klaudkil said:
Screenshot said:
That isn't much money for a triple AAA game. Need a lot more than that to get interest from the big developers to pick it up.

Huh? Its from sega.

It's not, it's made by Yu Suzuki's indie studio, Sega gave them the rights and materials to use. No doubt Sega is chipping in though.

pierrebruyer said:
In other news

Star citizen is approaching 143 million

Star Citizen is selling digital textures of virtual ships for 100s of dollars. The most expensive ship is $2,500. There's a guy that spend $30,000 on the game http://www.pcgamer.com/meet-a-fan-who-has-spent-30000-on-star-citizen-ships/

I don't think I've seen any other game abuse its whales as hard as this game. 



xl-klaudkil said:
Azzanation said:

Damnit you stole my post

And is still not released  until 2030

Quality takes time



Azzanation said:
xl-klaudkil said:

And is still not released  until 2030

Quality takes time

Say that to final fantasy  15 xd



 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Azzanation said:
xl-klaudkil said:

And is still not released  until 2030

Quality takes time

Apparently it doesn't according to some here

 

Always expected the downplay for SC to be real, but kek to it anyway.