Quantcast
Switch Launch Feels Like a "Soft Launch"

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Launch Feels Like a "Soft Launch"

RolStoppable said:
vivster said:

Less namecalling more debunking.

We have people in this thread who are trying to say that Zelda doesn't really count. There is no reason for debunking when it's blatantly obvious that people have lost their minds.

Zelda is being released on Wii U as well, Mario Kart 8 is a Wii U port, Spla2n is a glorified port from the looks of it with terrible online support (you'll soon start paying to play it and you'll need a secondery device to talk with you team mates), Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey is cool though, both of those games probably being launched late this year, with Xenoblade 2 having a chance of being pushed into 2018. The console is missing a lot of features, like Netflix, voice chat, miiverse, and with pretty terrible 3rd party support (which isn't looking to become any better). So yeah, this is either a "soft" launch, or a WEAK launch. One game, Zelda, doesn't make this a great, or even a GOOD, launch.



I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:

We have people in this thread who are trying to say that Zelda doesn't really count. There is no reason for debunking when it's blatantly obvious that people have lost their minds.

Zelda is being released on Wii U as well, Mario Kart 8 is a Wii U port, Spla2n is a glorified port from the looks of it with terrible online support (you'll soon start paying to play it and you'll need a secondery device to talk with you team mates), Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey is cool though, both of those games probably being launched late this year, with Xenoblade 2 having a chance of being pushed into 2018. The console is missing a lot of features, like Netflix, voice chat, miiverse, and with pretty terrible 3rd party support (which isn't looking to become any better). So yeah, this is either a "soft" launch, or a WEAK launch. One game, Zelda, doesn't make this a great, or even a GOOD, launch.

I couldn't have done a better job at proving my point.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

Zelda is being released on Wii U as well, Mario Kart 8 is a Wii U port, Spla2n is a glorified port from the looks of it with terrible online support (you'll soon start paying to play it and you'll need a secondery device to talk with you team mates), Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey is cool though, both of those games probably being launched late this year, with Xenoblade 2 having a chance of being pushed into 2018. The console is missing a lot of features, like Netflix, voice chat, miiverse, and with pretty terrible 3rd party support (which isn't looking to become any better). So yeah, this is either a "soft" launch, or a WEAK launch. One game, Zelda, doesn't make this a great, or even a GOOD, launch.

I couldn't have done a better job at proving my point.

And what point would that be?



I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Zelda, followed by Arms, Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon


The wiiU only had Zombiu and mario, and then, I had to wait 7 months for pikmin 3

PS: It doesn't matter if mario kart is a wiiU port, most people didn't have a wiiU



DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:

I couldn't have done a better job at proving my point.

And what point would that be?

Hilarious. Here's the post you quoted:

RolStoppable said:

We have people in this thread who are trying to say that Zelda doesn't really count. There is no reason for debunking when it's blatantly obvious that people have lost their minds.

People have lost their minds.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

And what point would that be?

Hilarious. Here's the post you quoted:

RolStoppable said:

We have people in this thread who are trying to say that Zelda doesn't really count. There is no reason for debunking when it's blatantly obvious that people have lost their minds.

People have lost their minds.

In what way have we lost our minds? You never clarified that I think



I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

twintail said:

E3 is going to be so incredibly important to Nintendo... actually, I want to see what FF SE has in store for Switch, if any.

FFXV & FF7R are both too big & performance demanding to end up on the switch.

You ll see World of Final Fantasy for the switch probably (which is a great game), and even the vita has a port of it.



Oh god and another topic people use to doom Nintendo. Nintendo products have never ever felt like "beta"at launch. It's the games on Sony and Microsoft consoles (and third party games on Nintendo consoles) that get patched and released in an unfinished state more frequently, not Nintendo's. But here we are talking about Nintendo hardware products being unfinished without any real evidence. It's really getting out of hand.



DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:

Hilarious. Here's the post you quoted:

People have lost their minds.

In what way have we lost our minds? You never clarified that I think

It is in the same post you originally quoted. People are trying to say that Zelda doesn't really count. I could go on, but my point is already made with this one example. Every console manufacturer would kill to have a launch title like the new Zelda.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Soundwave said:

Say this on NeoGaf and have to say this makes a lot of sense, Switch launch feels an awful lot like a "soft launch". 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1336018

- Not too many third party games, and lots of devs don't even seem to have dev kits yet. Most of big third party stuff will be coming by end of year
- Only 2-3 million units for launch
- OS by all accounts, seems incomplete
- No proper online functionality
- Seemingly no other apps (Netflix, browser, etc) besides core gaming functions.

Even the games when you think about it the first two "major" Switch games are Wii U ports .... Zelda and Mario Kart 8. It's not until summer (and that could be as late as August/September) that Splatoon 2 shows up and even that looks exactly like the Wii U game just expanded outwards. 

I think they are rushing the system out for March so that they can have some systems sold for the fiscal year end report (which ends March 31st, 2017). 

They'll trickle out some systems, get a little bit of a userbase going, but I don't think the system "really" launches until September or so, when Splatoon 2 will be out and this when third party games like NBA 2K, Skyrim, FIFA, etc. are presumably going to start coming out. 

I also would not be surprised if Switch inventory/shipments are supply constrained for a while, probably into September. Fall 2017 I think is when the system actually has it's "real" hard launch, that's when you'll get Mario Odyessy + Pokemon Stars (seemingly), better supply, some better third party content, maybe a price cut (or maybe not), etc. 

March is also kind of a random time to launch a system too, I think Nintendo is mostly just going to be aiming at their really core fanbase for the first several months, they're going to be conservative with supply of the system for fear of overproducing. 

I agree for the most part. I also think they want to get "out of the gate" before any potential new consoles touch down. Less competition that way, at least from their perspective. 

 

 



-VIDEOGAME NINJA APPROVED-