Quantcast
God of war is ruined (opinion)

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of war is ruined (opinion)

Teeqoz said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Yeah, I don't know what the hell that was.

I love God of War, but that trailer last night looked like Uncharted/The Last of Us with a Norse mythology reskin.

It's awesome that others will love that, but I'm left cold. For me, it's a letdown and it was a poor way to jumpstart the conference.

Heh, I don't see the comparison at all, but each to their own I guess.

 

I'm not a GoW fan (haven't played them), so coming without a set perspective of what a god of war game is, I thought it looked great. I have a few friends that are into GoW though, and they seemed very excited to see a change in the formula. Though they are also Dark Souls fans, and this seems a bit Dark Souls-ish, so maybe that's the reason.

Not at all? A grizzled father figure guiding an inexperienced young person through a dangerous wilderness? The scripted sequences? The over-the-shoulder camera? The walking simulation? Stopping to admire the scenery? A young person hunting a deer in the snow?

I dunno. I really think Santa Monica took a page from Naughty Dog here.



Around the Network

I think God of war III reveal was one of the best reveals of a game ever it was so good. This one I don't know we certainly not saw enough yet and I don't expect this game before 2018 so they will change some stuff. If you play as the son in an open world environement trying to survive and finding mythical creatures it would be a change I am totally into. I like the idea of walking on a large map and getting attacked by a mythical creaturs but having a hard time defeating it yet and talking with friends about what they encountered etc. Finding survivors god who help you and learn you new abilities now I am just dreaming but I would be totally into it.

I think it would have a better impact if Kratos died at the end and we would cut to the boy being an adult and following's Kratos path...






Darashiva said:
I'm honestly more interested in a God of War game now than ever before, all thanks to the E3 showing. The greek setting had long since become tired, so taking it into a whole new direction is a great thing in my opinion. Maybe Kratos can once again become a somewhat interesting character as well.

I'm with you... looks like it has some interesting mechanics too (anger meter, areas discovered)



konnichiwa said:
I think God of war III reveal was one of the best reveals of a game ever it was so good. This one I don't know we certainly not saw enough yet and I don't expect this game before 2018 so they will change some stuff. If you play as the son in an open world environement trying to survive and finding mythical creatures it would be a change I am totally into. I like the idea of walking on a large map and getting attacked by a mythical creaturs but having a hard time defeating it yet and talking with friends about what they encountered etc. Finding survivors god who help you and learn you new abilities now I am just dreaming but I would be totally into it.

I think it would have a better impact if Kratos died at the end and we would cut to the boy being an adult and following's Kratos path...

confirmed that you will play as kratos the whole game and it's not going to be an open world.



onionberry said:

God of war was an awesome hack and slash action game, now the combat is slow, more like an action adventure, also, I can't believe that I'm going to say this but the fixed camera was better.

EDIT: alright I guess that I'm wrong cause I'm mad because now god of war is not god of war, I even think the new story looks promising and better than before. but the game's mechanics are tottally different and you have to be blind to not see that. I saw the last of us with kratos. Hopefully the new zelda is not going to be a hack and slash with fixed camera cause I'm going to be mad too.

I don't know. Everybody complained to do something different with GOW. Everybody says companies rehash sequels.  Everybody said the GOW story of anger was overplayed. 

They changed all of that.  We won't know for better or worse but let's at least give them credit for risking some interesting changes to an existing franchise. 



l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

 

 

 

 

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network

One fight doesn't show off the games mechanics. I guarantee there will be more weapons than an axe



Veknoid_Outcast said:
Teeqoz said:

Heh, I don't see the comparison at all, but each to their own I guess.

 

I'm not a GoW fan (haven't played them), so coming without a set perspective of what a god of war game is, I thought it looked great. I have a few friends that are into GoW though, and they seemed very excited to see a change in the formula. Though they are also Dark Souls fans, and this seems a bit Dark Souls-ish, so maybe that's the reason.

Not at all? A grizzled father figure guiding an inexperienced young person through a dangerous wilderness? The scripted sequences? The over-the-shoulder camera? The walking simulation? Stopping to admire the scenery? A young person hunting a deer in the snow?

I dunno. I really think Santa Monica took a page from Naughty Dog here.

This is a stretch if I ever seen one.



No. I disagree. Does it seem slower? Yes. Has thr camera changed? Yes. but i love what i see..... and i see the potential for something great.

I understand some gamers dread of the changes, gamers typically are resistant to change. But change is good, a studios confidence to be able to change is the best way to ensure the viability of an IP. There are already 4 GOW titles that has the fixed camera and they are even remastered.

Pls, lets have something new.



DoctorHorrible said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Not at all? A grizzled father figure guiding an inexperienced young person through a dangerous wilderness? The scripted sequences? The over-the-shoulder camera? The walking simulation? Stopping to admire the scenery? A young person hunting a deer in the snow?

I dunno. I really think Santa Monica took a page from Naughty Dog here.

This is a stretch if I ever seen one.

Can you give me a little more to work with? I'm happy to debate this point.

I argued how God of War seems to borrow the narrative, thematic, and mechanical structures of The Last Us. Tell me why you disagree.



Veknoid_Outcast said:
DoctorHorrible said:

This is a stretch if I ever seen one.

Can you give me a little more to work with? I'm happy to debate this point.

I argued how God of War seems to borrow the narrative, thematic, and mechanical structures of The Last Us. Tell me why you disagree.

GoW has always been scripted and over the shoulder. And ohhhh what a coincidence. Snow. In Norse setting. They totally ripped it off. And the troll. A total rip off of a bloater