Quantcast
First Splatoon Review.

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Splatoon Review.

think-man said:
That's a shame, lack of content? maybe it should have been a download only game $30 max?


To be fair the content is coming but reviewers shouldn't be reviewing based on that. Simply put, nintendos baffling decision to release free content post release will hurt review scores. How this affects sales we will see, eventually. 



Around the Network
Online MP focused game with no way to interact is just dumb. I'm still going to try it out but I'm expecting nothing more than a maybe decent MP game that I might dabble in for a week or two. Like th PS2 online shooters with no interaction.

What is it we get every week or two? A new level or something? I don't get why people would complain off value if we getting it all for free? Seems odd. And also maybe it just shouldn't release until august?

Blob said:
think-man said:
That's a shame, lack of content? maybe it should have been a download only game $30 max?


To be fair the content is coming but reviewers shouldn't be reviewing based on that. Simply put, nintendos baffling decision to release free content post release will hurt review scores. How this affects sales we will see, eventually. 


nah if would expect that it wont effect most reviews.

its like

Cons: Just 5 maps

Pros: But free DLCs in the future

 

So Cons and Pros will compensate. 



Goodnightmoon said:
last92 said:
When does the embargo lift?


3 hours


Why does Nintendo even have embargo's lol

I mean most of their games are good.   (some are not tho)



Around the Network
JNK said:
Blob said:


To be fair the content is coming but reviewers shouldn't be reviewing based on that. Simply put, nintendos baffling decision to release free content post release will hurt review scores. How this affects sales we will see, eventually. 


nah if would expect that it wont effect most reviews.

its like

Cons: Just 5 maps

Pros: But free DLCs in the future

 

So Cons and Pros will compensate. 

That should not be a pro.



Quick question: should reviewers take price into consideration when doing a review? I don't think so, but maybe I'm just being stupid.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

JNK said:
Blob said:


To be fair the content is coming but reviewers shouldn't be reviewing based on that. Simply put, nintendos baffling decision to release free content post release will hurt review scores. How this affects sales we will see, eventually. 


nah if would expect that it wont effect most reviews.

its like

Cons: Just 5 maps

Pros: But free DLCs in the future

 

So Cons and Pros will compensate. 

I wonder will one of IGN's cons be "Too much paint".



We all know Sony domination is a real thing and there is nothing Microsoft or Nintendo can do about it....

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

DerNebel said:
JNK said:


nah if would expect that it wont effect most reviews.

its like

Cons: Just 5 maps

Pros: But free DLCs in the future

 

So Cons and Pros will compensate. 

That should not be a pro.

Then that shouldn't be a con either.



I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:
Quick question: should reviewers take price into consideration when doing a review? I don't think so, but maybe I'm just being stupid.

I think they should. When buying an indie game for ( $15 ) you probably won't expect the same type of content in a $60 game. Therefore if price is not taken into account, a small indie game might end up with a much lower score than it deserves.



We all know Sony domination is a real thing and there is nothing Microsoft or Nintendo can do about it....

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P