Quantcast
Anybody else here excited for the Steam Controller?

Forums - PC Discussion - Anybody else here excited for the Steam Controller?

I am really looking forward to the Steam Controller so I can more easily play PC games I generally pass on because I am just not a huge fan of gaming with a keyboard/mouse. 

I play Civilization 5 with my DS4 now but I am really looking forward to a controller designed for this purpose. Has anyone here already tried the Steam Controller? Does it work as well as Steam is letting on? From videos I have seen it looks effortless to play PC games with it. If the Steam Controller works well I will absolutely start buying more PC games. I Can not wait and hope it is good!

 

 

Gnomoria, Civilizaiton 5, and the entire C&C series on my TV would be epic :)

 

Rumored Final Product, supposedly the final product will be shown at GDC next week

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/steam-controller-design-reportedly-finalized-more-/1100-6424515/

 

Unless Valve is pretty much flat out lying this proves it can be more accurate than a regular controller for PC games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeAjkbNq4xI



Around the Network

Eh, I'll need to see the final design before I get excited. The previous designs looked inferior to just using a console controller on your PC. Might be good for certain gewnres if they fix the ergonomics, RTS for instance. 



Not really. I will see how it turns out but to me, it doesn't look like anything is beating the xbox controllers for me



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Did they finally finalize the controller? Last I heard, they were trying to throw some analog sticks in there. I was hoping they were going to go with a trackball in the right slot. Trackball would solve most mouse problems.



Can you link some pics?



Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Eh, I'll need to see the final design before I get excited. The previous designs looked inferior to just using a console controller on your PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeAjkbNq4xI

 

You can not be that accurate with a normal controller on Civilization 5, I have a lot of expereince in this department.



Captain_Yuri said:

Not really. I will see how it turns out but to me, it doesn't look like anything is beating the xbox controllers for me

To play PC games with the Xbox Controller is terrible unless the game has controller support. But the Steam Controller is for games that do not have controller support



Kerotan said:
Can you link some pics?

This is the rumored final product. Supposedly the final one is going to be at GDC next week.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/steam-controller-design-reportedly-finalized-more-/1100-6424515/



rolltide101x said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeAjkbNq4xI

You can not be that accurate with a normal controller on Civilization 5, I have a lot of expereince in this department.

Yeah, that's the original design. They're announcing the final design at GDC next week if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully they've fixed some of the gripes I had about the original design. The original design looked really uncomfortable to hold imo. 



rolltide101x said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Not really. I will see how it turns out but to me, it doesn't look like anything is beating the xbox controllers for me

To play PC games with the Xbox Controller is terrible unless the game has controller support. But the Steam Controller is for games that do not have controller support

Neh... If you are talking about games like RTS, I am pretty sure I would pick my keyboard and mouse over a controller even with the steam controller.



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread