Quantcast
Features from Xenoblade on Wii you'd want to see spread into Final Fantasy

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Features from Xenoblade on Wii you'd want to see spread into Final Fantasy

Would you support cross-pollination of ideas and reputation?

Sounds Good 31 20.67%
 
Keep your FF out of my Xeno 65 43.33%
 
Keep your Xeno out of my FF 27 18.00%
 
No, they should branch ou... 25 16.67%
 
Total:148
bigtakilla said:
Clyde32 said:


I believe it was Fatslob's implied spite when saying it that's making him defensive.

It's more that XII didn't teach Xenoblade anything. I have nothing to be defensive over.


There are some similarities between Final Fantasy XII and Xenoblade Chronicles in its core design. There's nothing wrong about taking inspiration, elements and ideas from previously released games into a new one.



Around the Network
Wright said:
bigtakilla said:
Clyde32 said:


I believe it was Fatslob's implied spite when saying it that's making him defensive.

It's more that XII didn't teach Xenoblade anything. I have nothing to be defensive over.


There are some similarities between Final Fantasy XII and Xenoblade Chronicles in its core design. There's nothing wrong about taking inspiration, elements and ideas from previously released games into a new one.

One would have to jump to the conclusion that these loosely based similarities were put into Xenoblade Chronicles because of (or even inspired by) Final Fantasy XII. There is nothing to support that.

While I do agree there is nothing wrong with it. There was just nothing taken or inspired by XII, they are just way too different to come to the conclusion that XII was an inspiration in any way. 

If the game in question for inspiration was Phantasy Star Online I could completely see it. The art direction, gameplay, physical appearance (or more exactly the ability to change a characters armor/weapons/ect and therefore their appearance), ect. Xenoblade looks like a single player experience of Phantasy Star Online with an arguably better story (single player stories tend to be better) and no hub world and mission areas (basically Xenoblade is one giant world). 

Tell me if you can see any similarities in these.

 



bigtakilla said:
Wright said:


There are some similarities between Final Fantasy XII and Xenoblade Chronicles in its core design. There's nothing wrong about taking inspiration, elements and ideas from previously released games into a new one.

One would have to jump to the conclusion that these loosely based similarities were put into Xenoblade Chronicles because of (or even inspired by) Final Fantasy XII. There is nothing to support that.

 

Why did you show me two pics of Xenoblade Chronicles X? Obviously a sequel to an already established game is going to move the franchise toward the direction that the first game has, plus advances the director may feel necessary. I would gain nothing by showing you FF XIII pics, considering the massive difference from XII despite both having Final Fantasy on the name.

 

There's nothing definitive to support the presence of FF XII influence; but then again, the core similarities are there. For that, there's nothing to disprove that they didn't use FF XII as a reference either.



Wright said:
bigtakilla said:
Wright said:


There are some similarities between Final Fantasy XII and Xenoblade Chronicles in its core design. There's nothing wrong about taking inspiration, elements and ideas from previously released games into a new one.

One would have to jump to the conclusion that these loosely based similarities were put into Xenoblade Chronicles because of (or even inspired by) Final Fantasy XII. There is nothing to support that.

 

Why did you show me two pics of Xenoblade Chronicles X? Obviously a sequel to an already established game is going to move the franchise toward the direction that the first game has, plus advances the director may feel necessary. I would gain nothing by showing you FF XIII pics, considering the massive difference from XII despite both having Final Fantasy on the name.

 

There's nothing definitive to support the presence of FF XII influence; but then again, the core similarities are there. For that, there's nothing to disprove that they didn't use FF XII as a reference either.

I didn't show you 2 pics of Xenoblade X, only one of those pics were of X. There were 2 from different Phantasy Stars, a Xenoblade Chronicles X pic, and a Xenoblade Chronicles pic. 

I rest my case.



Wright said:
bigtakilla said:

It's more that XII didn't teach Xenoblade anything. I have nothing to be defensive over.


There are some similarities between Final Fantasy XII and Xenoblade Chronicles in its core design. There's nothing wrong about taking inspiration, elements and ideas from previously released games into a new one.

Like? Other than a real-time non action battle system, what do they share? 



Around the Network
bigtakilla said:

Yeah, 86 is pretty mediocre of a score. And I'd readily admit I'm wrong... When I am.

What the actual f@#k?



I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:
bigtakilla said:

Yeah, 86 is pretty mediocre of a score. And I'd readily admit I'm wrong... When I am.

What the actual f@#k?

I've been asked to not continue this discussion, so I am going to honor that agreement. PM me if you want to discuss.



ktay95 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Absolutely none!

Like, seriously, none at all!

... umm yeah gonna have to agree with you here. Nothing comes to mind at all.


2 who dont know whats GOOD and what not :)


Save EVERYWHERE feature.