Quantcast
PS4 hits 1m units sold in Japan in its first year

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 hits 1m units sold in Japan in its first year

Mystro-Sama said:
What about digital PS4 sales?


I doubt their are many PS4 sold digitally, the 3D printers can hardly take it and some just turn in it a PS4 cake :(



 

Around the Network
justagamer25 said:
It's crazy how well the ps4 is doing globally and average it is in its home country. Maybe its late adoption but if the ps4 can't attract the Japanese market, console gaming has to be considered dead there.


Why are you saying that after reading that they just hit 1 million in its first year lol



"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

With not that much japanese software, it's pretty good.
In 2015 hopefully more Jap software.



Congratulations. It finally did it.



Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

tak13 said:
DonFerrari said:
So much for people complaining it wouldn't pass it by 2014 end.


But it didn't!It did in the first week of 2015...!:P 


Who is to say it didn't cross it before 31st end and very little between 1-3 of january? Besides statistical error apply so it could likely be 50k bellow 1M on january 3rd or 50k over (which would put over 1M on new's year). Anyway this just proves it wasn't impossible as people claimed on the 900k PR thread.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

Bloodborne in Japan will give PS4 a big boost in sales no doubt



deskpro2k3 said:
Bloodborne in Japan will give PS4 a big boost in sales no doubt

Dragon Quest heroes, Yakuza Zero, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and Persona 5 / Metal Gear Solid 5 too, i think : )
2015 is a big year for japanese gamers on ps4 console.



Death Stranding, PS4-Release: November 8! The Last of Us 2, February 21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvG-EpPoCCA


KazumaKiryu said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Bloodborne in Japan will give PS4 a big boost in sales no doubt

Dragon Quest heroes, Yakuza Zero, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and Persona 5 / Metal Gear Solid 5 too, i think : )
2015 is a big year for japanese gamers on ps4 console.


of course, how could I have forgetton.



justagamer25 said:
It's crazy how well the ps4 is doing globally and average it is in its home country. Maybe its late adoption but if the ps4 can't attract the Japanese market, console gaming has to be considered dead there.

Ps4 launched with the biggest western IP Call of duty and Fifa ,in Japan it didn't have that



PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

kowenicki said:
DonFerrari said:
So much for people complaining it wouldn't pass it by 2014 end.


er....

"to Jan 4th"


My comment was relating to people in the 900k thread saying it was impossible to hit 1M before year end, which this News proves wasn't impossible...  So when considering statistical error the goal was possible (not claimed it was sure to meet), i'm 95% sure my prediction about 1M for year end were better than most you done. In fact it is within 5% error margin while your 7 weeks in a row was at least 2/7 wrong and I bet your math will show your mistake was bigger, right?



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994