Quantcast
Will the PS4 achieve 50% marketshare by year end? Updated as of 6th December including adjustments

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the PS4 achieve 50% marketshare by year end? Updated as of 6th December including adjustments

What do you think guys? I think it's pretty clear that it'll achieve it sometime, but I never thought it would achieve it in 2014, but now with the recent updates, that does seem possible.

EDIT Post Updates: It seems pretty much impossible now, although there is a slight possibility. I don't think it'll happen this year.

Week PS4 weekly XBO+Wii U weekly -/+ Gap change Gap
08) 11/15/14
 440945  457798  +16853  686078
07) 11/22/14  581285  566142  -15143  670935
06) 11/29/14  1061522  1275412  +213890 884825

05) 12/6/14

713315 703550  -9765 875060
04) 12/13/14        
03) 12/20/14        
02) 12/27/14        


Around the Network

It's awfully close. I think it will now that the holiday price cut effect will continue tapering off. Not that sales will go down because we're getting close to Christmas but the gap will get smaller in the US. RubberWhistleHistle is definitely losing that bet though because January is going to be brutal for Xbox after the price goes up and yes I think it will.




Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Yeah it'll do it.



Predictions (Made July 2019)

LTD: PS4 - 130m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 52m       2019 : PS4 - 15m, Switch - 18.8m, XBO - 4.8m        2020: Switch - 22m (Peak Year)


platformmaster918 said:
It's awfully close. I think it will now that the holiday price cut effect will continue tapering off. Not that sales will go down because we're getting close to Christmas but the gap will get smaller in the US. RubberWhistleHistle is definitely losing that bet though because January is going to be brutal for Xbox after the price goes up and yes I think it will.


My bet is pretty much secured. I've almost won already even with one year left! (Although it has to have that 50% marketshare at the end of 2015, doesn't matter if it has it at some point before the end of 2015, but I'm 99% sure it will now anyway)



Sure it will. Not sure what good it'll do the C.O. though.



Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Sure it will. Not sure what good it'll do the C.O. though.


Nothing because C.O. does not stand for anything.  Enough with the broken english jabs you try slipping in to every thread.



Aj_habfan said:
Ljink96 said:
Sure it will. Not sure what good it'll do the C.O. though.


Nothing because C.O. does not stand for anything.  Enough with the broken english jabs you try slipping in to every thread.


What broken english jabs? Are you on something?



Ljink96 said:

What broken english jabs? Are you on something?


But what the hell is the C.O? Competetion?



Ljink96 said:
Aj_habfan said:
Ljink96 said:
Sure it will. Not sure what good it'll do the C.O. though.


Nothing because C.O. does not stand for anything.  Enough with the broken english jabs you try slipping in to every thread.


What broken english jabs? Are you on something?

You write broken english. And you add irrelevant jabs to your posts. What's not to get? 



No. With the help from Smash Bros. and the XBoost (that's what i'm calling it), i think the PS4 will wait until next year for that.