Quantcast
Destiny and the flaws in game reviewing systems.

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny and the flaws in game reviewing systems.

antfromtashkent said:

 The only complain I have is the cap on the crucible coins. 


I love the cap, means I can't fall too far behind in a short period of time with my limited play schedule.  Imagine if there were no cap and all the power gamers already had all the best gear?  That would make things a bit too one-sided in PVP by my standard.



Around the Network
antfromtashkent said:

But the point is not to get all the best gear in the first 20 hours :/ you have just enough to compete in PVP as well as raids to get better gear. It took me months to get the stupid custom camo in rainbow 6 Vegas, but when I got it finally it was so rewarding. The same idea here. The only complain I have is the cap on the crucible coins. 


This isn't content, this is grinding. You're literally describing Destiny as a shallow Skinner's Box.



Halo? A deep story? O_o



  • PSN: Hynad
  • NN: 3519-6016-4122
  • XBL: Hynad
  • Steam: Hynad81
Vena said:
antfromtashkent said:

But the point is not to get all the best gear in the first 20 hours :/ you have just enough to compete in PVP as well as raids to get better gear. It took me months to get the stupid custom camo in rainbow 6 Vegas, but when I got it finally it was so rewarding. The same idea here. The only complain I have is the cap on the crucible coins. 


This isn't content, this is grinding. You're literally describing Destiny as a shallow Skinner's Box.


Umm or you can just go play PVP and actually have fun while getting stuff like gear as a side effect...? How did it come to this? Lol people just don't play games anymore just to have fun...?



Neodegenerate said:
antfromtashkent said:

 The only complain I have is the cap on the crucible coins. 


I love the cap, means I can't fall too far behind in a short period of time with my limited play schedule.  Imagine if there were no cap and all the power gamers already had all the best gear?  That would make things a bit too one-sided in PVP by my standard.


That makes sense. I did not think of it like that. 



Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Shoestar said:

I finally got a chance to play Destiny (for about 6-7hrs)...

Keep playing. After about 6-7 hours I thought it was worth atleast an 8.

I'm level 22 now and... its deserves about a 7. Trying to get higher level equipment is tedious. The game actually gets arguably worse after level 20.


This. From levels 1-10 or so I would have rated it a 6 at best. Levels 11-20 or so, maybe a 7.5.

End game included, maybe a 7 tops. Its not designed well. They should have taken another page from Diablo and did the random rifts. Those things make Diablo still fun even after many hours.

 

You two have contrasting opinions... I'm at lvl 13 now and I'm enjoying the game more than I did at level 4-5. However, all I'm thinking about are the raids... I didn't want to spoil the fun by looking into them in great details but from what I've seen, those are just amazing. Can't wait to lvl up and do those. On this note... I'm gonna be off for the night and will try to finish the game tonight... my only problem is that I sometimes fall short of the level recomended for the mission and I have to do some side stuff to level up... lucky that the crucible is fun. 



I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

antfromtashkent said:
Vena said:


This isn't content, this is grinding. You're literally describing Destiny as a shallow Skinner's Box.


Umm or you can just go play PVP and actually have fun while getting stuff like gear as a side effect...? How did it come to this? Lol people just don't play games anymore just to have fun...?

That's the thing.

I don't feel like I'm playing to have fun. I feel like I'm playing because I want some legendary leg armor. After I get that, I don't think I'm gonna play much unless there is a signicant content update. Perhaps some less tedious way to get new armor would be nice.



Recently Completed
Crackdown 3
for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

antfromtashkent said:

Umm or you can just go play PVP and actually have fun while getting stuff like gear as a side effect...? How did it come to this? Lol people just don't play games anymore just to have fun...?


Playing for fun is fine, but you keep tying up "fun" and "rewarding", you're tying up fun in Skinner's Box ideas.



The flaw in the game reviewing system is the fact that games that score 7s are considered really bad. You feel that the game is good and deserves a nine, but nines should be reserved for the best of the best of the best.



Shoestar said:

 

You two have contrasting opinions... I'm at lvl 13 now and I'm enjoying the game more than I did at level 4-5. However, all I'm thinking about are the raids... I didn't want to spoil the fun by looking into them in great details but from what I've seen, those are just amazing. Can't wait to lvl up and do those. On this note... I'm gonna be off for the night and will try to finish the game tonight... my only problem is that I sometimes fall short of the level recomended for the mission and I have to do some side stuff to level up... lucky that the crucible is fun. 


If I were you I would just grind in patrol missions.

Whether you kill a level 1 or level 20 enemy you get the exact same amount of experience points for each kill, no joke.

So grind in patrol for a few hours, force yourself to play through the shitty campaign, and perhaps play crucible from there. That's Destiny in a nut shell... fuck this game!



Recently Completed
Crackdown 3
for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)