Quantcast
Locked: Why I don't like Nintendo

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I don't like Nintendo

deskpro2k3 said:

Again, I didn't say every game. Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are in my humble opinion is the mediocre games, but I edit it as requested.


http://www.metacritic.com/game/nintendo-64/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-mario-galaxy

http://www.gamerankings.com/n64/197771-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time/

http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/915692-super-mario-galaxy/

http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/960551-super-mario-galaxy-2/index.html

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all?sort=desc

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html



Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Again, I didn't say every game. Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are in my humble opinion is the mediocre games, but I edit it as requested.


http://www.metacritic.com/game/nintendo-64/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-mario-galaxy

http://www.gamerankings.com/n64/197771-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time/

http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/915692-super-mario-galaxy/

http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/960551-super-mario-galaxy-2/index.html

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all?sort=desc

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html


I still think Mushroom Kingdom needs a new hero. Something more realistic.



deskpro2k3 said:
Clyde32 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Again, I didn't say every game. Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are in my humble opinion is the mediocre games, but I edit it as requested.


http://www.metacritic.com/game/nintendo-64/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/super-mario-galaxy

http://www.gamerankings.com/n64/197771-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time/

http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/915692-super-mario-galaxy/

http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/960551-super-mario-galaxy-2/index.html

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all?sort=desc

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html


I still think Mushroom Kingdom needs a new hero. Something more realistic.

How does them having Mario in the game make the game mediocre?



It's funny to look at your sig and see this thread.

"Glorious God Gamers enjoy PLAYING the games. PC players enjoy WATCHING the games."

If you are part of the "Glorious God Gamers" race who enjoys playing videogames, I would expect you doing that. Instead I see you on this thread, complaining about a videogame company that you don't care about. What's it going to be deskpro? Are you a Glorious God Gamer? Because in my book you are more like the "Whiny Peasant Gamer" kind of guy.



"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Has the op ever clarified why they consider Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon 'mediocre', aside from just calling them rehashes without going into more detail?



Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Mushroom Kingdom needs a new hero.


What would they gain by ignoring the most iconic and videogame character in the history of the medium ?

Literally nothing. Their established IPs give them the chance to experiment with different playstyles in the boundaries of those IPs (look at the Kirby series).

And IF something doesn´t fit, they make new ones. Like Splatoon and Codename:Steam, both new IPs with new game mechanics announced not even 4 weeks ago.



Brii said:
Has the op ever clarified why they consider Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon 'mediocre', aside from just calling them rehashes without going into more detail?


Let me see.... nope



Clyde32 said:
 

How does them having Mario in the game make the game mediocre?


I've grown tired of seeing Mario's face everywhere. It is mediocre because Mario himself has bad presentation and story telling. He is a plumber yet he does no Plumbing. He has a brother that almost everyone dislikes or hate. He is like a third wheel. The Mario franchise is best at platforming only, but when it comes to making sense of the world, there is none.

This is why it needs a new hero. To make sense of it all.



The thing is, playing one game does *not* mean you've played them all. Nintendo actually continues to develop new games and innovate. Okay, I admit New Super Mario Bros. U wasn't the greatest new title, but just because Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy still have Mario, it doesn't mean that they aren't fun as heck games with experiences you can't really find elsewhere.

It's not the same as CoD where they are afraid to make major changes and so they don't. (Just using it as an example, am not a huge CoD hater or anything.)



Anfebious said:
It's funny to look at your sig and see this thread.

"Glorious God Gamers enjoy PLAYING the games. PC players enjoy WATCHING the games."

If you are part of the "Glorious God Gamers" race who enjoys playing videogames, I would expect you doing that. Instead I see you on this thread, complaining about a videogame company that you don't care about. What's it going to be deskpro? Are you a Glorious God Gamer? Because in my book you are more like the "Whiny Peasant Gamer" kind of guy.


Let me hit you with some knowledge. I enjoy playing good games on any platform, not bad ones. Its okay if you don't like my criticism.