Forums - Sales Discussion - How Long Before The Xbox One Sells 1 Million Units In The US?

The last next gen console to be released, the Xbox One is going to be on the market 4 days from now. How much time does it need to reach that magical 1 million units in your estimate? Here is some data to help you with your guesstimate:

PS2 - Shipped 1 million consoles in 3 days

WiiU - Sold 400000 consoles in 1 week

Wii - Sold 600 000 console in 8 days

PS3 - Sold 1 million consoles in 2 months

Xbox 360 - Sold 326000 consoles in 5 days

PS4 - Sold over 1 million consoles in 1 day

Things working in the Xbox One's favor are the same things that have helped the PS4 break a record. Namely the internet and the ease/awareness it brings with it. The console will also enjoy something the Xbox 360 didn't have, a succesful predecessor. Then again the closest console that sold for such a price was the PS3, which debuted for 600 and 500 dollars.

Taking everything into consideration i think the console will get there in 1 months time, twice as fast as the similar PS3 did. What do you think?



According to a new study; YouTube, Xbox.com, NeoGaf, N4G, VGChartz, IGN, GameSpot, GameStop, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, All of Europe, FAMITSU, Japan, the rest of Asia and The whole of the Middle East among countless others are experiencing a Tsunami of people in love with Sony's gamings offerings.

Around the Network

Five weeks for 1 million... or maybe four weeks.



PlayStation Nation

"Making haters eat crow since 1994"
Lord of Gran Turismo - Ethomaz the Undertracked


 
Quicker than the 360, which is all that matters as far as I am concerned.






By mid-December I think. I think 600-650k for November for X1, a healthy increase over the supply constrained 360 launch. 



kowenicki said:
Quicker than the 360, which is all that matters as far as I am concerned.





lol that's a given man. Any numbers/time period?



According to a new study; YouTube, Xbox.com, NeoGaf, N4G, VGChartz, IGN, GameSpot, GameStop, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, All of Europe, FAMITSU, Japan, the rest of Asia and The whole of the Middle East among countless others are experiencing a Tsunami of people in love with Sony's gamings offerings.

Around the Network
Somini said:

Xbox 360 - Sold 326000 consoles in 2 weeks

by the way the 360 sold 326,000 in its first 5 days according to NPD.

It took 5 weeks for the 360 to sell 1m.

One will beat that.



kowenicki said:
Somini said:

Xbox 360 - Sold 326000 consoles in 2 weeks

by the way the 360 sold 326,000 in its first 5 days according to NPD.

It took 5 weeks for the 360 to sell 1m.

One will beat that.

Ooh really? Got a link for that. I'de like to update the OP.



According to a new study; YouTube, Xbox.com, NeoGaf, N4G, VGChartz, IGN, GameSpot, GameStop, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, All of Europe, FAMITSU, Japan, the rest of Asia and The whole of the Middle East among countless others are experiencing a Tsunami of people in love with Sony's gamings offerings.

Somini said:
kowenicki said:
Quicker than the 360, which is all that matters as far as I am concerned.





lol that's a given man. Any numbers/time period?

quicker than 5 weeks. :p

and why is it a given?  people keep telling me that the ONE wont beat the 360 here... thats its marketshare will drop in the US quite dramatically.



3 weeks max. Probably 2.

Around the Network
Somini said:
kowenicki said:
Somini said:

Xbox 360 - Sold 326000 consoles in 2 weeks

by the way the 360 sold 326,000 in its first 5 days according to NPD.

It took 5 weeks for the 360 to sell 1m.

One will beat that.

Ooh really? Got a link for that. I'de like to update the OP.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_November_2005