Quantcast
What does more power give you between X1 and PS4

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does more power give you between X1 and PS4

Blood_Tears said:
By itself? just bragging rights on here, but coupled with the $100 difference and it creates value. A cheaper console that's more powerful, with a cheaper paid PS plus plan which gives more discounts, incentives, "free" games etc. Put the pieces together and the console puzzle is a better value, which is likely why pre-orders are in PS4's favor atm.

From my own experience, the only thing PS + gives you over XBl is the game rental.  XBl is always having some type of sale or discount on items just like PS+ so I do not see a difference there.  The price for PS+ is the same as XBL ( just did a general check and both are being sold at 50 bucks standard pricing).  I have found 12 months of XBL for 39.99 and PS+ for 44 but I am sure if people shop around they can find it cheaper for both.

I will say the PS+ gives Sony the leg up expecially if you are a vita owner(2) like myself.  It would be interesting if MS develop a counter for the rental piece.

My problem with the more power part is that you need to see and feel it in order for it to make a difference.  If the X1 and PS4 will have locked 1080P/30 games, we might not see a lot of difference between the 2.  Most games will be locked so if one is running 50 while the other is running 40 it will not make a difference to the user.



Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
NYCrysis said:

I did specify MULTIPLATS didn't I u should improve on your reading comprehension. It's probably going to be like this gen sometimes you see the x360 version having a better resolution/framerate in some games so I don't see why it can't happen this gen.

Okay, first being a jerk in your replies will not help in this conversation (like implying I cannot understand what you are saying in english) :)

Also, what I'm saying is RELEVANT to multiplatform, you know, MANY factors can change in multiplaforms, textures, number of polygons, number of players, size of the world, number effects, etc...  Even with a bit less power, both can be at 1080p but with some other differences... So saying that PS4 would be 1080p NATIVE and Xbox HD-Sub, is just talking out of you ass...

Now u are saying a bit less power, but in reality the difference is much larger than it was with ps360. And how am I talking out of my ass when the same thing has happened multiple times this gen?

(And before you say look at titanfall, forza, the cloudz, M$ coding powress etc..., Sony's 1st party went through hell dealing with the cell, split memory pool, and weaker gpu vs the 360 yet they were able to push boundaries and create the best looking games this gen. So please don't give me the even though xbox1 is weaker its shape sound (ps4 has dedicated sound proc. too), tools, cloud should make it on par with the ps4 cause that's a hunk of bull. We still haven't seen sony's big 2 ssm and ND show anything to really see the diff btwn ps4/one.) This is more of a general ps4/xb1 power statement.

Also regarding BF4 (M$'s moneyhatted baby) lets see when it releases shall we. I love before ps4/xbox one no one argued about dx/open gl on ps360 yet now it somehow matters? It smells like M$ marketing to me. 



NYCrysis said:
Imaginedvl said:
NYCrysis said:

I did specify MULTIPLATS didn't I u should improve on your reading comprehension. It's probably going to be like this gen sometimes you see the x360 version having a better resolution/framerate in some games so I don't see why it can't happen this gen.

Okay, first being a jerk in your replies will not help in this conversation (like implying I cannot understand what you are saying in english) :)

Also, what I'm saying is RELEVANT to multiplatform, you know, MANY factors can change in multiplaforms, textures, number of polygons, number of players, size of the world, number effects, etc...  Even with a bit less power, both can be at 1080p but with some other differences... So saying that PS4 would be 1080p NATIVE and Xbox HD-Sub, is just talking out of you ass...

Now u are saying a bit less power, but in reality the difference is much larger than it was with ps360. And how am I talking out of my ass when the same thing has happened multiple times this gen?

(And before you say look at titanfall, forza, the cloudz, M$ coding powress etc..., Sony's 1st party went through hell dealing with the cell, split memory pool, and weaker gpu vs the 360 yet they were able to push boundaries and create the best looking games this gen. So please don't give me the even though xbox1 is weaker its shape sound (ps4 has dedicated sound proc. too), tools, cloud should make it on par with the ps4 cause that's a hunk of bull. We still haven't seen sony's big 2 ssm and ND show anything to really see the diff btwn ps4/one.) This is more of a general ps4/xb1 power statement.

Also regarding BF4 (M$'s moneyhatted baby) lets see when it releases shall we. I love before ps4/xbox one no one argued about dx/open gl on ps360 yet now it somehow matters? It smells like M$ marketing to me. 

LOL at this wall of hate :)
Sorry if I ofended you by saying "a bit less powerful", your precious PS4 is still not bad at all :)



Imaginedvl said:
NYCrysis said:

ps4 can be native 1080 while one might be sub full hd. One can maintain a better framerate than the other. Pretty much all I can think of in terms of multiplat games due to them needing to be on Parity.

Forza says hi... I think you are just making thing out of nowhere...

You know that the Xbox 360 can do native 1080p at 60sec without any problem right?... While displaying a single black box :)

Same for the PS4/Xbox One, there is no : "PS4 can do 1080p native, while Xbox One can do sub-HD...., both can do native 1080p and it will depend on game developpers now...

Uh... your dead wrong. He's talking about a multiplatform game. And yes more power means one version will be reduced resolution and or framerate. Citing an exclusive game built from the ground up for one platform means nothing. Digital Foundry has done tests with PC's to see what a system with 50% less compute units would need to do to keep up with a more powerful machine and running at 900p instead of 1080p is what they found was needed. NYCrysis was dead on.



"These are the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen"

NYCrysis said:

Now u are saying a bit less power, but in reality the difference is much larger than it was with ps360. And how am I talking out of my ass when the same thing has happened multiple times this gen?

(And before you say look at titanfall, forza, the cloudz, M$ coding powress etc..., Sony's 1st party went through hell dealing with the cell, split memory pool, and weaker gpu vs the 360 yet they were able to push boundaries and create the best looking games this gen. So please don't give me the even though xbox1 is weaker its shape sound (ps4 has dedicated sound proc. too), tools, cloud should make it on par with the ps4 cause that's a hunk of bull. We still haven't seen sony's big 2 ssm and ND show anything to really see the diff btwn ps4/one.) This is more of a general ps4/xb1 power statement.

Also regarding BF4 (M$'s moneyhatted baby) lets see when it releases shall we. I love before ps4/xbox one no one argued about dx/open gl on ps360 yet now it somehow matters? It smells like M$ marketing to me. 

Well for starters, the best looking games this generation wasn't even on the PS3 or Xbox 360, it was on the PC.

With 3rd Party developers the same thing as this generation is probably going to happen, that is most games will utilise a game engine like the Unreal Engine and thus not push the image quality barrier. - So for the majority of cross-platform games, expect them to look and perform pretty much identical like with this generation.

The real innovation in console graphics will of course come from 1sty party developers who develop their own game engines exclusively to the console and thus program it with the hardware nuances in mind, which is where Sony typically has an edge over Microsoft. (Where only 343i really push any barriers for Microsoft.)

But if you are so completely worried about graphics as if it's the most important metric, I ask you... Why game on a console at all?



Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
NYCrysis said:
Imaginedvl said:
NYCrysis said:

I did specify MULTIPLATS didn't I u should improve on your reading comprehension. It's probably going to be like this gen sometimes you see the x360 version having a better resolution/framerate in some games so I don't see why it can't happen this gen.

Okay, first being a jerk in your replies will not help in this conversation (like implying I cannot understand what you are saying in english) :)

Also, what I'm saying is RELEVANT to multiplatform, you know, MANY factors can change in multiplaforms, textures, number of polygons, number of players, size of the world, number effects, etc...  Even with a bit less power, both can be at 1080p but with some other differences... So saying that PS4 would be 1080p NATIVE and Xbox HD-Sub, is just talking out of you ass...

Now u are saying a bit less power, but in reality the difference is much larger than it was with ps360. And how am I talking out of my ass when the same thing has happened multiple times this gen?

(And before you say look at titanfall, forza, the cloudz, M$ coding powress etc..., Sony's 1st party went through hell dealing with the cell, split memory pool, and weaker gpu vs the 360 yet they were able to push boundaries and create the best looking games this gen. So please don't give me the even though xbox1 is weaker its shape sound (ps4 has dedicated sound proc. too), tools, cloud should make it on par with the ps4 cause that's a hunk of bull. We still haven't seen sony's big 2 ssm and ND show anything to really see the diff btwn ps4/one.) This is more of a general ps4/xb1 power statement.

Also regarding BF4 (M$'s moneyhatted baby) lets see when it releases shall we. I love before ps4/xbox one no one argued about dx/open gl on ps360 yet now it somehow matters? It smells like M$ marketing to me. 

LOL at this wall of hate :)
Sorry if I ofended you by saying "a bit less powerful", your precious PS4 is still not bad at all :)

Too bad you can't rebuttlal my wall of hate I really wanted to see what ur counterargument would have been :( 
Sorry if my wall of hate offended ur precious xbone. ur precious xbone is still bad though :( 



Tabular said:
Imaginedvl said:
NYCrysis said:

ps4 can be native 1080 while one might be sub full hd. One can maintain a better framerate than the other. Pretty much all I can think of in terms of multiplat games due to them needing to be on Parity.

Forza says hi... I think you are just making thing out of nowhere...

You know that the Xbox 360 can do native 1080p at 60sec without any problem right?... While displaying a single black box :)

Same for the PS4/Xbox One, there is no : "PS4 can do 1080p native, while Xbox One can do sub-HD...., both can do native 1080p and it will depend on game developpers now...

Uh... your dead wrong. He's talking about a multiplatform game. And yes more power means one version will be reduced resolution and or framerate. Citing an exclusive game built from the ground up for one platform means nothing. Digital Foundry has done tests with PC's to see what a system with 50% less compute units would need to do to keep up with a more powerful machine and running at 900p instead of 1080p is what they found was needed. NYCrysis was dead on.

Digital Foundry's test was not well designed.  

There are a lot of things that a gpu is used for.  They could easily have both versions have the same frame rate and same resolution and increase draw distances on PS4.  There are a lot of options to mess around with on PC for a reason, they all affect performance.  



It could be the difference between 26 fps and 30fps or screen tearing. Minor in some regard but higher gpu is always welcome.



Pemalite said:
NYCrysis said:

Now u are saying a bit less power, but in reality the difference is much larger than it was with ps360. And how am I talking out of my ass when the same thing has happened multiple times this gen?

(And before you say look at titanfall, forza, the cloudz, M$ coding powress etc..., Sony's 1st party went through hell dealing with the cell, split memory pool, and weaker gpu vs the 360 yet they were able to push boundaries and create the best looking games this gen. So please don't give me the even though xbox1 is weaker its shape sound (ps4 has dedicated sound proc. too), tools, cloud should make it on par with the ps4 cause that's a hunk of bull. We still haven't seen sony's big 2 ssm and ND show anything to really see the diff btwn ps4/one.) This is more of a general ps4/xb1 power statement.

Also regarding BF4 (M$'s moneyhatted baby) lets see when it releases shall we. I love before ps4/xbox one no one argued about dx/open gl on ps360 yet now it somehow matters? It smells like M$ marketing to me. 

Well for starters, the best looking games this generation wasn't even on the PS3 or Xbox 360, it was on the PC.

With 3rd Party developers the same thing as this generation is probably going to happen, that is most games will utilise a game engine like the Unreal Engine and thus not push the image quality barrier. - So for the majority of cross-platform games, expect them to look and perform pretty much identical like with this generation.

The real innovation in console graphics will of course come from 1sty party developers who develop their own game engines exclusively to the console and thus program it with the hardware nuances in mind, which is where Sony typically has an edge over Microsoft. (Where only 343i really push any barriers for Microsoft.)

But if you are so completely worried about graphics as if it's the most important metric, I ask you... Why game on a console at all?

I already have a gaming rig but it's mostly for multiplat SP games. I hate playing online on my pc cause I hate using m+kb so I get owned using a controller and most of my friends play on playstation so that too that's what I have my console for. 



Pemalite said:
NYCrysis said:

Now u are saying a bit less power, but in reality the difference is much larger than it was with ps360. And how am I talking out of my ass when the same thing has happened multiple times this gen?

(And before you say look at titanfall, forza, the cloudz, M$ coding powress etc..., Sony's 1st party went through hell dealing with the cell, split memory pool, and weaker gpu vs the 360 yet they were able to push boundaries and create the best looking games this gen. So please don't give me the even though xbox1 is weaker its shape sound (ps4 has dedicated sound proc. too), tools, cloud should make it on par with the ps4 cause that's a hunk of bull. We still haven't seen sony's big 2 ssm and ND show anything to really see the diff btwn ps4/one.) This is more of a general ps4/xb1 power statement.

Also regarding BF4 (M$'s moneyhatted baby) lets see when it releases shall we. I love before ps4/xbox one no one argued about dx/open gl on ps360 yet now it somehow matters? It smells like M$ marketing to me. 

Well for starters, the best looking games this generation wasn't even on the PS3 or Xbox 360, it was on the PC.

With 3rd Party developers the same thing as this generation is probably going to happen, that is most games will utilise a game engine like the Unreal Engine and thus not push the image quality barrier. - So for the majority of cross-platform games, expect them to look and perform pretty much identical like with this generation.

The real innovation in console graphics will of course come from 1sty party developers who develop their own game engines exclusively to the console and thus program it with the hardware nuances in mind, which is where Sony typically has an edge over Microsoft. (Where only 343i really push any barriers for Microsoft.)

But if you are so completely worried about graphics as if it's the most important metric, I ask you... Why game on a console at all?

PCs don't really have generations.  I just hate it when people compare consoles to PCs.  It's unimaginably pointless.  What about super computers?  If people were making games for super computers, it would bulldozer over any PC dozens of times over without even trying.  The thing with PCs, is that there is a large variety of systems and no limit for cost, unlike a console.  PCs are like trees, they can continue growing as much as they want and will for as long as they can.  Consoles are like trees cut down and made into desks.  They aren't going to change.  They're both very good at what they do, but they are very different.