Quantcast
Locked: UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Dv8thwonder said:
Fusioncode said:
 

 One guy even referred to him as a messiah. 

One "follower" does not equal a cult. Why are you purposely derailing the thread. Do we need mod intervention?

On topic: 7.5m to 8m WiiU's sold by March 31st 2014

How does me answering someone's questions count as derailing a thread? And don't threaten me with mod intervention. If you think I need to be modded then report me and move on. 



Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Incubi said:
Seece said:

Of course, how did I miss that?!

What makes it funnier is, it looks like 3DS has had its peak year already.

You say 3DS has looks like it has peaked? We dont know that just yet. It can still be up YOY. To quote me from a post i made in another thread some time ago.

"Looking at 3DS sales on VGC you can observe as follows:

Calendar year: 2011: 13 250 062

 Calendar year: 2012: 14 406 901

Calendar year: 2013 so far: 11 900 000

Trends:

Week ending dec 08. 2012:    750 199 I Sales according to VGC: 07. 2013: 666 121

Week ending dec 15. 2012: 1 025 218 I Forecasted sales 14. 2013:     900 000 I Sales according to VGC:   899 915

Week ending dec 22. 2012: 1 241 211 I Forecasted sales 21. 2013: 1 100 000 I Sales according to VGC: 1 078 565

Week ending dec 29. 2012:    725 008 I Forecasted sales 28. 2013:     650 000

So, an estimated sales this calendar year is: 14 550 000"

 

Update:

Calendar year: 2011: 13 250 062

 Calendar year: 2012: 14 406 901

Calendar year: 2013 so far: 13 900 000

Trends:

Week ending dec 08. 2012:    750 199 I Sales according to VGC: 07. 2013: 692 779 (adjusted up by VGC)

Week ending dec 15. 2012: 1 025 218 I Forecasted sales 14. 2013:     900 000 I Sales according to VGC:   899 915

Week ending dec 22. 2012: 1 241 211 I Forecasted sales 21. 2013: 1 100 000 I Sales according to VGC: 1 078 565

Week ending dec 29. 2012:    725 008 I Forecasted sales 28. 2013:     650 000 I Sales according to VGC: ?

 

It needs to sell more than 550 000  week ending dec 29. 2013. If it sells less than that it will have peaked in 2012. 

If it sells more, you really cant say that it has peaked on a worldwide basis. I wont compare 3DS to DS as that is an unfair comparison, but will instead compare it to GBA. With GBA you can observe how it peaked not the year Pokemon was released, but the following year. So yes, it will have its peak but i'm pretty sure that peak will be in 2014 on a worldwide basis.

And that is the problemt using VGC figures, they're estimates, (which are overtracked). It'll fall short in terms of shipments by 1.5m+.



 

Dv8thwonder said:
Fusioncode said:
 

 One guy even referred to him as a messiah. 

One "follower" does not equal a cult. Why are you purposely derailing the thread. Do we need mod intervention?

On topic: 7.5m to 8m WiiU's sold by March 31st 2014

The entire year of 2013 sales will be about 3m give or take a few 100k putting It at about 5.5m. 

u think it will come close to that in just Q1 of next year?

 

 

I think next year will be much better than this one was but ur prediction is waaaayyy to extreme.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Dv8thwonder said:

One "follower" does not equal a cult. Why are you purposely derailing the thread. Do we need mod intervention?

On topic: 7.5m to 8m WiiU's sold by March 31st 2014

The entire year of 2013 sales will be about 3m give or take a few 100k putting It at about 5.5m. 

u think it will come close to that in just Q1 of next year?

 

 

I think next year will be much better than this one was but ur prediction is waaaayyy to extreme.

 


It's reasonable. Especially with Japan numbers improving week over week. NA will follow suit. It is only in the EU that the Wii U faces a rather steep uphill climb.



Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Dv8thwonder said:
zorg1000 said:
Dv8thwonder said:
 

One "follower" does not equal a cult. Why are you purposely derailing the thread. Do we need mod intervention?

On topic: 7.5m to 8m WiiU's sold by March 31st 2014

The entire year of 2013 sales will be about 3m give or take a few 100k putting It at about 5.5m. 

u think it will come close to that in just Q1 of next year?

 

 

I think next year will be much better than this one was but ur prediction is waaaayyy to extreme.

 


It's reasonable. Especially with Japan numbers improving week over week. NA will follow suit. It is only in the EU that the Wii U faces a rather steep uphill climb.

The WiiU is having a holiday boost in Japan, do you really think it can keep those numbers once the holidays end? And why is NA going to "follow suit"? Give me a single reason why the WiiU is going to start improving in the US. 



Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Dv8thwonder said:
zorg1000 said:
Dv8thwonder said:
 

One "follower" does not equal a cult. Why are you purposely derailing the thread. Do we need mod intervention?

On topic: 7.5m to 8m WiiU's sold by March 31st 2014

The entire year of 2013 sales will be about 3m give or take a few 100k putting It at about 5.5m. 

u think it will come close to that in just Q1 of next year?

 

 

I think next year will be much better than this one was but ur prediction is waaaayyy to extreme.

 


It's reasonable. Especially with Japan numbers improving week over week. NA will follow suit. It is only in the EU that the Wii U faces a rather steep uphill climb.

The WiiU is having a holiday boost in Japan, do you really think it can keep those numbers once the holidays end? And why is NA going to "follow suit"? Give me a single reason why the WiiU is going to start improving in the US. 

Hilarious isn't it? NA most definitely isn't following suit, and 2 - 3m in Q1 is just too funny for words. Nothing about that prediction is resonable.

Basically expect 1m per region. I can totally seeing WiiU doing 300k~ in the US this January ... when it did 57k last year. Rofl.



 

Dv8thwonder said:
zorg1000 said:
Dv8thwonder said:
 

One "follower" does not equal a cult. Why are you purposely derailing the thread. Do we need mod intervention?

On topic: 7.5m to 8m WiiU's sold by March 31st 2014

The entire year of 2013 sales will be about 3m give or take a few 100k putting It at about 5.5m. 

u think it will come close to that in just Q1 of next year?

 

 

I think next year will be much better than this one was but ur prediction is waaaayyy to extreme.

 


It's reasonable. Especially with Japan numbers improving week over week. NA will follow suit. It is only in the EU that the Wii U faces a rather steep uphill climb.


No its not reasonable. Sales will be better than they were last were but to expect it to sell 2-2.5m from Jan-Mar is not reasonable at all.

Oct-Dec included a price cut, new bundles, 3D Mario, Wind Waker, Wii Party, decent 3rd party support, much improved advertising and the holidays which resulted in sales of less than 2 million.

It is absolutely possible that this will result in sustained interest in Wii U and with Donkey Kong in February sales for this quarter should be solid but it is for sure not going to do better than Q4 of 2013



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Fusioncode said:
Dv8thwonder said:


 


It's reasonable. Especially with Japan numbers improving week over week. NA will follow suit. It is only in the EU that the Wii U faces a rather steep uphill climb.

The WiiU is having a holiday boost in Japan, do you really think it can keep those numbers once the holidays end? And why is NA going to "follow suit"? Give me a single reason why the WiiU is going to start improving in the US. 

Yes on both accounts. Games and lots of them. Also that upcoming January Nintendo Direct is going to be awesome.



Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

The January Nintendo Direct will make the Wii U reach it's forecasted 9 Million.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake guys! B-E-L-I-V-E



"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Dv8thwonder said:
Fusioncode said:
Dv8thwonder said:


 


It's reasonable. Especially with Japan numbers improving week over week. NA will follow suit. It is only in the EU that the Wii U faces a rather steep uphill climb.

The WiiU is having a holiday boost in Japan, do you really think it can keep those numbers once the holidays end? And why is NA going to "follow suit"? Give me a single reason why the WiiU is going to start improving in the US. 

Yes on both accounts. Games and lots of them. Also that upcoming January Nintendo Direct is going to be awesome.

What games? The only one announced for Q1 is Donkey Kong. You really think that's going to pull 3m in hardware sales on it's own? Why am I even asking, of course you do. 



Sigs are dumb. And so are you!