Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. 4: What system will you get it for?

What system will you get Super Smash Bros. 4 for?

Wii U
3DS
Both
Undecided

Ever since I got the original DS, I had been wondering what one of my favorite franchises at the time would be like on a handheld. Now with SSB4 coming out for both Wii U and 3DS, I'll finally get to find out! ...or will I? Thing is, I only plan on getting one version of the game since I'm betting they'll be pretty much the same, so it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to buy the same game twice. I'm sure most of yal also think this way, so we've got a tough decision to make, and that there be what this thread's about! Now some will be all like "It's too early for this thread we haven't even seen the game yet!" but I think it'll be cool to see how our current views change after E3. 

Now then, I'm betting most of us will instantly opt for the Wii U version for it's familiarity, as we've always played Smash Bros. on consoles. When I first heard SSB4 would be on both 3DS and Wii U, I was like "lol forget you 3DS version!", but that was way back when the Wii U hadn't come out yet and I was still uber skeptical of the 3DS. Now, I'm close to saying the same thing again, only for the Wii U this time. If SSB4 came out right now, I would most certainly get it for 3DS. I feel many others would do the same, as like me those others have a 3DS already but are without a Wii U. 

Just looking at the total sales for each system shows that there are a lot of us 3DS onlys out there. We'd basically have to pay $300+ for the Wii U version since we have to buy a Wii U along with the game, as opposed to $40 with the 3DS version. Of course, SSB4 isn't coming out now or anytime soon. By the time it releases, the Wii U should be a much better investment that many current 3DS only owners will have, so price shouldn't be a major factor, but only time will tell. Just something to think about there before yal impulsively say "Wii U Smash obviously!" Oh, and while I'm currently leaning towards the 3DS version, I could still go either way so I'ma wait until we see more. Anywho I think that's enough of my rambling hehe. Hopefully the poll works so yal can vote on what version of SSB4 you plan on getting!




VR = 8056     ^^^Please Click To Level Up! Thanks!^^^                                 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAp0LOZZ3lI

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173116&page=1
^^^Thread For My Bets!^^^

*Curl-6 was right and I was wrong about Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda Wii U not releasing in 2014!
*STRYKIE was right and I was wrong about Yoshi's Wooly World not releasing in 2014!

Around the Network
If SSB4 is different on each I'll get both.

If its the same I'll get it on the Wii-U when I get a Wii-U.

Although if things dont look too good (although I'm sure it'll pick up in its 3rd year) I'll get it on the 3DS.

If the 3D effect is cool enough then ill buy both, if 3D is lacking and grafix are too downgraded for 3DS then WiiU only.

if i dont go to the ps4 team... then 3ds version.... if nintendo prove themselves... then wii u

Why would you ever play smash bros on a handheld? I spend most of my time playing with friends, so having it on 3DS is a dumb decision.


Around the Network
BasilZero said:
If SSB4 is different on each I'll get both.

If its the same I'll get it on the Wii-U when I get a Wii-U.

Although if things dont look too good (although I'm sure it'll pick up in its 3rd year) I'll get it on the 3DS.


Could the versions really be that different from each other? I would think if they were different they wouldn't have the same name.




VR = 8056     ^^^Please Click To Level Up! Thanks!^^^                                 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAp0LOZZ3lI

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173116&page=1
^^^Thread For My Bets!^^^

*Curl-6 was right and I was wrong about Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda Wii U not releasing in 2014!
*STRYKIE was right and I was wrong about Yoshi's Wooly World not releasing in 2014!

Einsam_Delphin said:
BasilZero said:
If SSB4 is different on each I'll get both.

If its the same I'll get it on the Wii-U when I get a Wii-U.

Although if things dont look too good (although I'm sure it'll pick up in its 3rd year) I'll get it on the 3DS.


Could the versions really be that different from each other? I would think if they were different they wouldn't have the same name.


Super Smash Bros U (to reflect Wii-U's graphics)

vs

Super Smash Bros 3D (to reflect Brawl's graphics)


There was a rumor earlier last year I think that stated that the two versions could be different although it could of been pure speculation.



both :P

I'M READY! I'M READY!

Mensrea said:
Why would you ever play smash bros on a handheld? I spend most of my time playing with friends, so having it on 3DS is a dumb decision.


Same reason you play any game on a handheld, for fun! Your personal situation/preferences do not apply to everyone, and that wouldn't make it a dumb decision anyway as it's not like there isn't a console version you could get instead. 




VR = 8056     ^^^Please Click To Level Up! Thanks!^^^                                 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAp0LOZZ3lI

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173116&page=1
^^^Thread For My Bets!^^^

*Curl-6 was right and I was wrong about Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda Wii U not releasing in 2014!
*STRYKIE was right and I was wrong about Yoshi's Wooly World not releasing in 2014!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
BasilZero said:
If SSB4 is different on each I'll get both.

If its the same I'll get it on the Wii-U when I get a Wii-U.

Although if things dont look too good (although I'm sure it'll pick up in its 3rd year) I'll get it on the 3DS.


Could the versions really be that different from each other? I would think if they were different they wouldn't have the same name.


Super Smash Bros U (to reflect Wii-U's graphics)

vs

Super Smash Bros 3D (to reflect Brawl's graphics)


There was a rumor earlier last year I think that stated that the two versions could be different although it could of been pure speculation.


Sorry, shoulda specified that I meant the games wont be fundamentally different from each other asside from physical discrepancies due to hardware such as graphics n controls. I'm sure both games will have the same stages, characters, game modes, n so ons.




VR = 8056     ^^^Please Click To Level Up! Thanks!^^^                                 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAp0LOZZ3lI

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173116&page=1
^^^Thread For My Bets!^^^

*Curl-6 was right and I was wrong about Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda Wii U not releasing in 2014!
*STRYKIE was right and I was wrong about Yoshi's Wooly World not releasing in 2014!