Quantcast
Petition for Hiroyuki Ito (Director: FF6/FF9/FF12) to direct Final Fantasy XV

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition for Hiroyuki Ito (Director: FF6/FF9/FF12) to direct Final Fantasy XV

Where is the petition for Square-Enix to sell the Final Fantasy IP to Mistwalker?



Around the Network
Galvanizer said:
Wagram said:
Galvanizer said:
Wagram said:
No need to petition for something that is already happening.

It's not happening. In an interview with him at TGS 2012 (September 2012) he basically confirmed he no longer works on FF games. However, he said that if people wanted him to return to the series, they should as Yoichi Wada. That's one of the reasons I've made this petition.


I would like to see that interview.

No problem. Here's the quote and source:

1UP: Do you anticipate working with the Final Fantasy series again? Is that something you'd like to do or something you think you'll do?

HI: I'm a working stiff, so if the president tells me to do it, I'll do it. [laughs] Talk to Mr. Wada.

http://www.1up.com/features/final-fantasy-hiroyuki-ito-science


That doesn't specifically mean that he isn't working on FFXV. He is not allowed to disclose anything, and they intentionally get around these type of questions. I would bet anything he is working on FFXV.



BasilZero said:
Good luck.

Thanks, but this is for all our sakes. We need to voice our concern before Wada chooses Toriyama to direct FFXV.



Wagram said:
Galvanizer said:
Wagram said:
Galvanizer said:
Wagram said:
No need to petition for something that is already happening.

It's not happening. In an interview with him at TGS 2012 (September 2012) he basically confirmed he no longer works on FF games. However, he said that if people wanted him to return to the series, they should as Yoichi Wada. That's one of the reasons I've made this petition.


I would like to see that interview.

No problem. Here's the quote and source:

1UP: Do you anticipate working with the Final Fantasy series again? Is that something you'd like to do or something you think you'll do?

HI: I'm a working stiff, so if the president tells me to do it, I'll do it. [laughs] Talk to Mr. Wada.

http://www.1up.com/features/final-fantasy-hiroyuki-ito-science


That doesn't specifically mean that he isn't working on FFXV. He is not allowed to disclose anything, and they intentionally get around these type of questions. I would bet anything he is working on FFXV.

Why would he tell the journalist to speak to Yoichi Wada, though? That's a massive risk to say as the journamist could speak to Wada and make it seem like Ito broke an NDA on FFXV being in developemt. I'm pretty sure he is simply not working on any FF games.



I thought he was already doing this? And development has likely been ongoing for the past 2+ years, a change in director would probably not be good for the game.



Around the Network
Farsala said:
I thought he was already doing this? And development has likely been ongoing for the past 2+ years, a change in director would probably not be good for the game.

I doubt he's been working on FFXV as an interview at TGS 2012 made it seem iike he no longer worked on FF games. We need to bring him back to the mainline FF series.



People starting to come around to FF12 being best FF? I still see a few people throwing it in there with FF13.



Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Galvanizer said:
Farsala said:
I thought he was already doing this? And development has likely been ongoing for the past 2+ years, a change in director would probably not be good for the game.

I doubt he's been working on FFXV as an interview at TGS 2012 made it seem iike he no longer worked on FF games. We need to bring him back to the mainline FF series.


I do not know what to believe. Either PR from the guy in the interview or random rumors :P. It just seems to me like SE often switches Directors every generation.



Farsala said:
Galvanizer said:
Farsala said:
I thought he was already doing this? And development has likely been ongoing for the past 2+ years, a change in director would probably not be good for the game.

I doubt he's been working on FFXV as an interview at TGS 2012 made it seem iike he no longer worked on FF games. We need to bring him back to the mainline FF series.


I do not know what to believe. Either PR from the guy in the interview or random rumors :P. It just seems to me like SE often switches Directors every generation.

They used to switch them up in a single gen. FFX, FFXI and FFXII were all made three different teams. So far this gen, we only got the FFXIII trilogy by the FFX team and FFXIV and ARR by the FFXI team. Where is the latest FF game by the FFXII team? That's what most people are wondering.



If this works I would be the first to vote x( though I'd feel bad for Motomu Toriyama.

 

Edit: voted ( I guess my vote worked on Tales of Xillia localization petition so it doesn't hurt to try, even with a less flexible Square-Enix -.-)