Quantcast
Will Nextbox have a Blu-Ray drive?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Nextbox have a Blu-Ray drive?

Will Nextbox have a Blu-Ray drive?

Yes 190 68.59%
 
No 48 17.33%
 
See results 38 13.72%
 
Total:276

I don't see why they wouldn't unless they want to "jump in" to digital download instead (i wouldn't though)



Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

Why is this even a thread all the leaked info points to it having a Blu-ray drive and the leaked photos of development kits confirm this.



SvennoJ said:
madman25 said:
I hope not...Can't stand blu ray films (unless it's animation). I don't see the attraction of removing a film's texture and making it look like a cheap daytime soap opera.
I'm guessing the hard drive will be huge enough to allow for the option of direct downloading more than just a few games/movies so physical discs will be less of an option for me.

Out of all arguments against blu-ray this is the most misinformed I've ever read, bravo.


He probably owns an LCD or LED



I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

SvennoJ said:
madman25 said:
I hope not...Can't stand blu ray films (unless it's animation). I don't see the attraction of removing a film's texture and making it look like a cheap daytime soap opera.
I'm guessing the hard drive will be huge enough to allow for the option of direct downloading more than just a few games/movies so physical discs will be less of an option for me.

Out of all arguments against blu-ray this is the most misinformed I've ever read, bravo.





Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

HesAPooka said:
SvennoJ said:
madman25 said:
I hope not...Can't stand blu ray films (unless it's animation). I don't see the attraction of removing a film's texture and making it look like a cheap daytime soap opera.
I'm guessing the hard drive will be huge enough to allow for the option of direct downloading more than just a few games/movies so physical discs will be less of an option for me.

Out of all arguments against blu-ray this is the most misinformed I've ever read, bravo.


He probably owns an LCD or LED


No, duh everyone that post here does so by using a LCD or LED screen.  Anyway plasma is way overrated and its pretty much a dying technology since everybody is moving away from it. 



Around the Network

I don't understand why MS can't buy the HD-DVD patent/rights and make it its own.



DraconianAC said:
I don't understand why MS can't buy the HD-DVD patent/rights and make it its own.


It would be good to fight piracy but at this point Blu-ray is cheaper.   Also Blu-ray has faster drives now since HD-DVD has been dead for over two years already.



Chris Hu said:
HesAPooka said:
SvennoJ said:
madman25 said:
I hope not...Can't stand blu ray films (unless it's animation). I don't see the attraction of removing a film's texture and making it look like a cheap daytime soap opera.
I'm guessing the hard drive will be huge enough to allow for the option of direct downloading more than just a few games/movies so physical discs will be less of an option for me.

Out of all arguments against blu-ray this is the most misinformed I've ever read, bravo.


He probably owns an LCD or LED


No, duh everyone that post here does so by using a LCD or LED screen.  Anyway plasma is way overrated and its pretty much a dying technology since everybody is moving away from it. 

I can see why you'd say a technology that is cheaper and generally gives you a better picture quality is over rated. 



I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

I doubt it. After all, isn't Sony one of the "ambassadors" of Blu-Ray or something?

Nintendo went with their own HD type discs, I'm sure MicroS will too.



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

I think it will use BluRay. But people making this a Sony win need to get informed.



There once was a great sig here, but it got killed.

A moment of silence would be appreciated.