it just doesnt stop with 50m sales over Xbox 1 and over 500m SW sales, Xbox is also marking is name on Latin America, after strong dominance in the North American market with almost 42m Consoles Sold over there Xbox is now crushing the Latin America market, leading Mexico and SW Sales in Brazil!
"All of a sudden you could import software with absolutely no import duties, and hardware with very low import duties," Caudron recalls. "Microsoft then jumped the opposition and launched the Xbox very, very strongly - lots of marketing, a perfect operation. And they took the market. That's why, today, the Xbox is the leading platform in Mexico. I happen to know that Mexico is the third worldwide market for Xbox, after North America and United Kingdom."
"They have to take them into consideration," Caudron says. "For the bricks-and-mortar business these countries are going to be the next really big markets - it's going to be Brasil, it's going to be China. For me, there's no doubt about why Microsoft made that decision."
Xbox dominates SW in Brasil aswell on Fnac and many other Retailers! Oxalá cresça assim também em Portugal!
Microsoft next Step should be China, they would dominate over there if they launch 360 there. Chinese dont like Japanese so Ps3 will be pretty much doomed there from the early start.
Your move Microsoft.
More things about Mexico:
"Mexico is becoming a very large video game market. With 110 million people, a strong university system, a trillion dollar economy, free trade agreements with countries housing major video game companies, and roughly half of all people under the age of 25, we at VGChartz believe that Mexico is currently the fastest growing retail video game market in the world".
Regardless of the time covered, which is a mystery we can solve in the coming weeks, the three retailers appear to be strongly in favor of Microsoft and Nintendo.
Prices listed below are converted from Mexican Pesos that are listed by Mexican retailers and converted to USA dollars.
1) NSMB Wii - $83 Kinect Sports - $58 Pokemon White - $59
2) Metroid: Other M - $83 Super Mario All Stars - $58 Pokemon Black - $59
3) Halo Reach - $75 COD: Black Ops (X360) - $83 Kinect Sports - $58
4) Toy Story 3 (X360) - $64 Dance Central - $58 Killzone 3 / with Move - $166
5) Kinectimals - $58 Kinect Joy Ride - $58 Mario Sports Mix - $83
6) Kinect Joy Ride - $58 Fifa 11 (X360) - $83 Halo Reach - $75
7) Kinect Sports - $58 Halo: Reach - $75 Disney Epic Mickey - $66.5
8) n/a Kinectimals - $58 AC: Brotherhood (X360) - $83
9) n/a AC: Brotherhood (X360) - $58 Dead Space 2 (X360) - $83
10) n/a COD: Black Ops (PS3) - $83 (Not Listed)
Xbox and Nintendo absolute domination in the biggest market from Latin America.
UPDATE: OWNS 65% of Brazilian market since MS started prodution there.
Fnac sales over 1000% over there, UZ Games selling 8x + what they Sold Before.
"A montagem local, que reduziu o preço do Xbox 360 em 40%, teve reflexo imediato no varejo: só para citar dois exemplos, na Fnac as vendas do console aumentaram 1000%, enquanto a UZ Games passou a vender oito vezes mais Xbox 360."