Quantcast
DF Face-Off: Trine 2 on Wii U (Finnaly a Better Port)

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DF Face-Off: Trine 2 on Wii U (Finnaly a Better Port)

Tagged games:

SvennoJ said:

Anyway I still haven't finished the game, got bored halfway through. Maybe it's more fun in co-op. Single player started getting repetitive really soon. 

I stopped in the middle... it's so boring... the Trine original is way more funny.



Around the Network

Finally a game where the Wii-U comes out on top, hope this is a taste of things to come as although the Wii-U specs are basically shit considering we're in 2012. An improvement is always welcome.

I got warned earlier for saying the Wii-U has the power of 3 Wiis taped together. I now revise that statement to 3 wiis 2 gamecubes and 1 nintendo game & watch.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan



osed125 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
osed125 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
good good

so what's up next? Aliens game?

Yes, Aliens is the next non-exclusive major tittle for the system and that will be the ultimate test. The devs have said multiple times that the Wii U version will be the best looking one. The DF face-off will be interesting in that game.


yeah that's what I thought as well. Have they done a DF for all the current games tho? I feel like it's missing at least one..AC? COD?

They did CoD but I can't remember AC III so I think that's the only one left.


 I haven't seen any Tekken Tag comparisons.



so not only does the game run better on Wii U, it does it on 2 screens at the same time?



Games are fun.

itsyounghavok said:
so not only does the game run better on Wii U, it does it on 2 screens at the same time?


Yeah, I didn't even think of that.  It's amazing that it can stream the same image seamlessly to the second screen without compromising the quality of the first(must be the reason why Nintendo chose the Evergreen/Northern Islands GPU). In fact, in addition to the second screen, the port would suffer graphical cut backs if ported back to the PS360 http://mynintendonews.com/2012/10/10/wii-u-games-graphics-would-need-to-be-downscaled-on-playstation-3-and-xbox-360/ . Along with new levels and the Goblin Menace DLC,  I decided to pick up the Wii U version than the cheaper one on my X360s; as it is showing to be a true definitive version of the game.  I am still in a toss up if I should get the Wii U version of Darksiders 2 or the X360 version as I can pick that up for $40 at the moment compared to $60 for the Wii U .



Around the Network

Ive been kind of interested in Darksiders 2 myself. Same with Mass Effect 3 and and ZombiiU. Blops 2 is killing my time though and my backlog of Wii games arent going to complete themselves... or will they?



Games are fun.

itsyounghavok said:
Ive been kind of interested in Darksiders 2 myself. Same with Mass Effect 3 and and ZombiiU. Blops 2 is killing my time though and my backlog of Wii games arent going to complete themselves... or will they?


I won't be getting ME3 for the Wii U b/c I can pick up the trilogy for probably the same or cheaper price as the Wii U version.  Yeah I must agree on the backlog, right now I have 8 X360 and 12 Wii games on backlog!!!  That's why I am good if MS decides to put X8 on hold until 2014; oh God I wish they do as I am still recovering from my black friday shopping.



the first obvious difference




Hmm, I think some things on my Wii U are a little too bright. Maybe I need to adjust some setting change on my receiver (between console and TV) or use a better HDMI cable?



fillet said:

Finally a game where the Wii-U comes out on top, hope this is a taste of things to come as although the Wii-U specs are basically shit considering we're in 2012. An improvement is always welcome.

I got warned earlier for saying the Wii-U has the power of 3 Wiis taped together. I now revise that statement to 3 wiis 2 gamecubes and 1 nintendo game & watch.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Hey! I still have one working after 30 years - that Mickey Mouse is catching those eggs all they long relentlessly, so I'd say that's some pretty badass hardware inside :)