As the year is winding down and Christmas avatars are popping up all over the site, the time for the annual VGChartz Greatest User Tournament draws near. As many of you know, this used to be run by Seece, who sadly left the site during the course of 2012 but on his VGC-poster death bed, Seece begged me to carry on his legacy and run the tournament after his departure.**
**Disclaimer: The events described in the previous sentence might not have happened and may be a complete and utter lie in order to make the writer of this thread feel better about taking over Seece’s feature.
The users participating in this tournament were usually chosen by Seece and Machina but to avoid leaving out users (and to save me a lot of research). I decided it would be better to let the users nominate who they think should have a spot in the tournament.
So here’s how it’s gonna work:
- You make a list of up to 20 users (you can name only 5 if you want to) you think deserve a place on the tournament (in no particular order)
- The vote will be tallied up until December 31st 2012 (or December 21st if the world ends).
- In early January the top hundred or so users will make it to the tournament which will carry on like previous years.
- You cannot nominate yourself (because it’s sad, really)
- You can vote only once.
- The users nominated have to have been active during the year 2012.
- If someone is interested in running this thing with me, a co-host would be appreciated
- If someone wants to opt out of the tournament they can say so here.
USERS WHO HAVE OPTED OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT:
"The path of the righteous poster is beset on all sides by the inequities of the trollish and the tyranny of flaming men.
Blessed is he, who in the name of decency and good discussion, stays on topic through the valley of cheap shots, for he is truly his forum's keeper and the finder of lost quality.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to flame and troll other users.
And you will know my name is the Mod when I lay my banhammer upon thee. "